Chapter Eleven

(Please vote and comment for my story! :D thanks)

Things with Hayden were going perfectly, so perfect I would have thought that this was all a huge dream and I would wake up any minute, in my bed, back in Florida. Ever since I mentioned the date this Saturday to Hayden, he has been hyper and super happy, happier than Rebecca has ever seen him before. She had become closer to me again, like nothing had ever happened, and started talking to me in every single class that we had together, catching up with my short period of being popular.

Today was Wednesday, and there was still a few days to go before it would be Saturday, and as the days passed, it seemed to get slower and slower, like reality didn't want the date to happen. Hayden and I weren't official, even though we hung around each other like monkeys, and touched each other a lot, but not in an inappropriate way.

I thought the perfect life was going to continue today, but that when it began to spread - the gossip about something that happened a month ago. Why would people start bringing it up from a month ago? Because they recently found out that I was into guys, and that just started all sorts of commotion.

I was in U.S History when it hit; Rebecca was on her phone, the teacher not even caring whether or not she was texting right in front of her, when all of the sudden she tensed up beside me. I was working on the homework we were assigned and I noticed by the brush of her arm on mine. I looked up at her and she was glaring down at her phone, clutching it as if it was her life source.

"When were you going to tell Hayden?" She said in a whisper, barely audible. I furrowed my eyebrows together and looked at her phone screen for answers, but she jerked it from my curious eyes. "When were you going to tell him, Adam?" She said sternly, hissing into my ear.

"Tell him what?" I said lowly back towards her. Then she showed me the text she had just read. It was from a girl, a girl I knew very well: Miranda.

Did you hear, R? Adam kissed Heath at a party last month, I was there, I saw it with my own two eyes.

Miranda was one of the popular people I hung around when Rebecca and her group shuned me. I narrowed my eyes on the phone. I remembered that party, it was the first one I ever went to. I didn't intentionally kiss him, it was a dare, and it was on the cheek. Miranda was making it out to seem something way worse.

"Look," I began, but Rebecca cut me off.

"-I don't want to hear your excuses!" She bursted out and everyone in the classroom turned around to look at us. They automatically knew what was going on, except for the teacher, who was intentionally left out of the loop for a obvious reason, "You are the bastard I always thought you were!" She stood up, and glared down at me, "Stay away from Hayden." She warned and stomped out the classroom.

I watched as she left and then looked around the classroom, everyone was glaring at me and the teacher looked more confused than I was. Rebecca was a very impulsive person, and I knew she acted on things before she knew the actual reason. So I decided to let her cool off, and I shot Haden a text.

We need to talk.

I sat there waiting for a reply, but there was no reply; he usually texted me back in the few seconds after I texted him. He must have heard about it before I could explain and now he was going to go into his depressed state before I was able to explain the truth to him. God knows what Heath is going through with this nasty rumor spreading around like wild fire.

After class was over, I ran out of my classroom and down the hall towards where Hayden would be getting out of his classroom. People looked at me as if I was a disease as I ran past them to get to Hayden before I lost him. Once I made it to his classroom, it was empty. I sighed and looked around for any sign of him. Nothing.