Chapter Eight

I woke up with a big grin on my face, as I stared at my ceiling like I usually did every morning, procrastinating from getting up, and having to face the day. My mind drifted off to yesterday at the park with Hayden; after we had shared that kiss I took him back to his place and kissed him goodnight.

           Today was a Saturday and I wouldn’t be able to see him till Monday; I was busy all weekend cause I promised to spend some more time with my father because he had the whole weekend off to spend with us. His job required him to be there all days of the week, usually not granting him time off on the weekends to spend with his family, but he finally got some time off. After a long time trying to persuade myself to get up, I finally did. I took a quick shower, fixing my hair just the way that I liked it and pulled on some comfy shorts and a white muscle shirt.

           I examined myself in the mirror and saw my tattoo that was permantly carved into my left shoulder blade, framing my upper bicep; it wasn’t anything special, just a design that I had always fancied. No one really knew that I had a tattoo cause I always wore a t-shirt that or jacket that usually covered it. I wondered if Hayden has saw it that night I had kissed him for the first time.

           As I headed down the stairs of my house, my father was in the kitchen with my mom, his arms around her waist, kissing her playfully. A sharp pang hit me in the heart, making my throat close a little; I thought about my arms around Hayden, I probably wouldn’t be able to do that here, my father wouldn't want to see it. He still accepted me for who I was, but certain things he couldn't tolerate about my lifestyle. 

          I strolled on into the kitchen, a grin plastered onto my face, “Get a room you two.” They both looked up at me, with guilty faces, like they had just got caught, but  instead I was the parent. My father just smiled and kissed my mother softly on the lips and pulled away, coming over to wrap an arm around my shoulders, pulling me towards him.

          “So where do you want to go today, son?” He asked. Today he was he had promised to take me to a bunch of different places, buying things. I pursed my lips in though, stroking my 'fake' beard, taking a moment just to bother my father, even though I already knew what I wanted to do.

          “How about that huge skateboard shop on 5th?” I said nervously, smiling sheepishly. “Is that okay?” He nodded eagerly and then detached from me, grabbing his keys off the counter and went to go get his shoes on. I followed him, shoving my feet into my skater shoes that I hardly actually wore. I followed my father out of the house, but not after I gave my mother a kiss that she always required.

~~~

          We drove down the roads of Las Angeles, in my father’s red Comoro, with my sun glasses on and the window down. I smiled and laughed along with my father as he tried to crack jokes, but I just shook my head and told him that he would never cut out to be a comedian. 

          My father wore his comfy clothes, jean shorts, blue flannel and sandals, making him look like a guy you would see on the streets in Florida. I could tell that he was in a good mood today, probably because one, he didn’t have work, and two he was spending time with me. He always told me even though we didn’t have similar interests that he stills loved spending time with me and embracing my likes and vice-versa. 

          He turned into the skateboard shop and I smiled seeing the shop was covered with molds of skateboards, just as I remembered when I passed it on my way to work just down the road. There was also skateboards lined up in the window, showing all the different designs and kinds of skateboards; I couldn’t wait to get my hands on them. As soon as he pulled into a parking spot I jumped out and headed towards the store, leaving my father far behind. 

Fixing the Broken Boy (On Hold)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara