Chapter Two

(Picture of Hayden c:)

My first period, Chemistry, dragged on and we were only probably fifteen minutes into it; the teacher had a one tone voice and spoke very slowly, making me want to put my head on my desk and sleep. I managed though because I kept bugging miss Rebecca, who refused to turn around to talk to me, probably because of my comment.

As I was playing with Rebecca's long, black hair, someone came bursting in through the doors, panting loudly. Everyone went quiet all peering at the intruder, "Sorry! I woke up late, ran to school!" It was a guy-might I add a very cute guy-with messy, light brown hair that was arranged off to the side of his head, a few loose strands falling down in his beautiful blue eyes. He wore torn blue jeans, a light blue shirt saying 'obey' on it, and he wore blue vans.

"Just go sit down, Hayden," Mr. Kain muttered and I watched as Hayden's gaze swept over everyone and landed on me, looking me up and down. He turned back to the teacher frowning.

"Someone is in my seat though," He said grumpily and Rebecca laughed softly in front of me, trying to hold it back, miserably. Mr. Kain looked at me and then back at the boy, Hayden.

"That's not you're original seat," the whole class watched the two intently, their gazes falling on each person who spoke. I kept examining the guy, swallowing nervously. Why was I nervous? I've seen many gorgeous men before, why was this Hayden kid different? "Take a seat, in your original seat."

With that Hayden groaned, flashing me one last look and went to go down in a seat, behind a couple girls who giggled and looked over at me, then quickly looking away as I glanced at them. I leaned forward towards Rebecca, whispering into her ear.

"You friends with him," I asked curiously and then she finally turned around to face me, an eyebrow quirking a little, "What?"

"Yeah, we're friends, actually best friends," She let a smile play on her lips, "and if I didn't know better he just got intimidated by you." Really? I thought he was sizing me up, kind of challenging me when he looked over me, like he could take me.

With that she turned back around and I glanced over at him and he quickly turned his face away from looking at me, being caught from looking at me. I chuckled lowly and leaned back in my chair, staring up at the board blankly. I let my mind be consumed with thoughts about my new life here and the what ifs.

The bell abruptly yanked me out of my thoughts and I looked around as the classroom began to empty as soon as the bell went off. I quickly gathered my stuff, shoving it into my backpack, getting up out of my seat. Rebecca was over with Hayden and they waited for me impatiently, so I walked over to them, flashing a smile and then began walking out of the classroom, with them following right behind.

I felt a soft bump on my left side and I looked over to see Hayden there smiling at me, "So you're new?" He asked politely, and I looked around at the staring faces and nodded. "I can tell. People are already drooling over you. Kind of pathetic, if you ask me."

"Yeah, tell me about it." I snickered lowly, "Been here an hour and I'm already popular." He laughed softly beside and Rebecca joined in beside him, looking over at me, smiling happily.

"We can introduce you to some of our friends if you would like," She suggested, "We have lots of friends." Hayden laughed more and shook his head, wrapping an arm around Rebecca.

"Sure, I wouldn't mind," I pulled out my schedule to figure out what my next class was going to be, but before I was able to see, Hayden pulled it out of my hands, scanning over it, his jaw setting in thought. "Do we have any other classes together?" I peered down at it, reviewing my classes.