Chapter One

My alarm clock started blaring in my ears, reminding me to wake up, as it had many times before, but it never failed. I groaned and hit the 'off' button and rubbed my face in frustration of the new day; it was Monday, the day everyone dreaded. And not to mention that not only did I dread the day, I dreaded that today was going to be my first day at a new school.

I moved away from Florida to California last week, in the middle of Spring time, ending up in Los Angeles, not a big difference from Florida, only that it was maybe a little cooler, but not by much. My father was relocated over here, so we all decided to make the big move; since my mother did not want to do the long distance relationship. Sure I was going to miss my friends, but I was excited for the new experience over here, though I was nervous as hell for the first day.

What group would accept me? Would the people of this new school even accept me period? I've been to many different schools in my life, since my father got relocated a lot and we followed him all over the U.S. But every time I got into a new school, instantly all the girls were on me because I was 'cute', as they put it, and I was always accepted into the Goth and Emo group, since my looks leaned more that way.

With my long black hair, that was permanently smoothed to the side, but kept neatly out of my eyes, and a couple weeks before now I decided to shave the side of my head that my hair didn't lay; using a 2 inch trimmer that kept a few millimeters of hair, not totally shaved. I had piercing green eyes that girls melted under and a single snake bite on my left lip. Most people said I looked badass, but once they got to know me I was a total softy.

Usually people just pretended to be my friend to look cool, but I tried to stay away from them and fit in with the people who just wanted to be my friend; though it seems like there is no one like that anymore. At my last school I only made a couple true friends who that I hung out with everyday that I possibly could, and the rest either judged me or told people that they were me best friend.

People judged me because I was into guys a little bit more than I was into girls, not saying girls aren't rocking, but something about guys made me shiver. Maybe it was the excitement about how wrong it should be, and the pleasure you get from being with the same sex. I would say I was pansexual, the new term for 'love is love', but leaning towards men more.

My parents didn't approve of my life style, but weren't against it either; they always joked around how I am like the daughter they always wanted, but I don't see, at all, how I resembled a girl. I didn't act like one, nor did I want to.

I reluctantly pushed myself out of my comfy full sized bed and moped over to my bathroom, cleaning my eyes of the morning fogginess as I turned the shower on and hopped in after taking my clothes off. I let the warm water casqued down my bare chest, before washing my hair and body, quickly and efficiently.

After my shower I got a fresh set of clothes, pulling on my favorite superman boxer briefs, since I didn't like regular boxers that always seemed to get bunched up in my tight pants and made it uncomfortable for me; then after I pull on my black skinny jeans, pulling on a white Pierce the Veil tee, along with a black leather jacket, and my black converses. I changed my stud lip ring, into a loop, nervously biting it for a moment before I blew dry the more than half of my hair that I had, neatly gelling it out of my eyes.

I brushed my teeth quickly even though after I would be eating breakfast, but I was too lazy to have to run back up stairs to do so. I sprayed myself with my cologne and then grabbed my new black plaid backpack and headed down the stairs to greet my mom, cooking.

"Hey mom," I walked up beside her and kissed her cheek lightly, making her smile pleasantly. My mother was a beautiful woman, with her flowing, wavy, brunette hair, that fell down to her mid back, and the few freckles that sprinkled across her cheeks, framing her also very green eyes. She was tall and the perfect weight, and toned from always running every morning and night. She was dressed in her running suit, from probably just running and began to cook my breakfast because she knew I was getting up soon.