Chapter 4

I got new glasses today so I might do a double update tonight just because I'm loving them haha! Enjoy darlings and follow me on twitter - madisonhigs xxx

Heathrow airport was one of the craziest places I had ever been in my life. It probably didn't help that one of the worlds biggest pop stars just stepped off the plane, but the people, the noise the hustle and bustle of the place was indescribable. I headed to the luggage carrossel and eyed my bags off as soon as I saw them, a polite man in his thirty's helped me lift them off the shaft and I couldn't believe how friendly people were here. As i walked to the taxi valet I was greeted by numerous smiles off several different strangers: "i'm so out of my depth" I assured myself. 

"Were too lady?" The taxi driver asked, his accent was thick, masked with the gruff weeze of too many cigarettes. I had made arrangements to stay at the Melia hotel in the middle of the city just until I found a place of my own, I told the driver and away we went.

I spent the whole ride in awe of the place, it was so unlike Sydney but at the same time quite similiar. The buildings and surroundings were impecable, everything maintained to the highest standard. The ominous weather sort of added to the whole feel of the place, it really created the perfect picturesque moment. As we pulled up to the hotel I couldn't believe the size of it, or how close it was located in comparison to all the famous landmarks, finally the reality started sinking in and I knew I had made the right decision. 

I unpacked my things and neatly placed everything I would need away in the closet, my lack of winter attire worried me a little as the temperatures were expected to be freezing over the coming days. I wasn't starting in my new office for another week so I figured that would be plenty of time to stock up on all of the things I had forgotten.

I checked in and took the elevator up to the 16th floor. The room was dark and felt quite cramped, I had a feeling a lot of London would be like this. The curtains inside the room were pulled shut creating quite an eerie presence, I could imagine the size of the big bay windows that accompanied the room could be a bit overwhelming for some people, however not for me. I decided to pull apart the long drapes and I couldn't believe what awaited me, the entirety of the River Thames seemed to be in front of my eyes, the water filling every possible square inch of glass, top to bottom. The way the Big Ben and the London eye accompanied such a bank made their presence seem so much more spectacular. I watched as people ran around the roads, boats sailing down the river, cars zipping in and out, cyclists and pedestrians walking their dogs, from up here they all seemed so small, yet I couldn't be more envious of their city.  

The light knock at the door pulled me away from the daydream I had found myself in and I quickly moved my suitcase into the cupboard and approached the door. I peeped through the eye hole to see if I knew who it was. Who am I kidding of course I wouldn't know who it was, I don't know anybody here. I carefully pulled open the door and was greeted by a prepossessing women.

"Hi Luca, i'm Harper, I'm staying in the room  just down from yours, I thought i'd come and introduce myself to you as I think we will be working together over at Confession." At first I was taken back by her approach, how she knew my name and were I was working, but then I was caught up with her aesthetics, she was astonishingly tall and blonde, the sort of women men would drool over. 

"Hi, lovely to meet you, your accent sounds very similar to mine, Australian i'm guessing?" 

"Yeah hun, I haven't been back home for a while actually, so I thought it wouldn't be quite so obvious", she let out a small laugh and I could tell her personality seemed bubbly and light, the total fucking opposite to me. I decided to be polite and friendly considering I knew absolutely nobody here and she did make the effort to introduce herself, even if it was a bit creepy.

"It's pretty obvious haha, so how come your staying in a hotel if you've been here for a while, isn't that a bit expensive?" I tried not to sound to intrusive, however there must just be something about my voice.

"My plumbings blown at my place, so the guys told me it was going to be at least a week before I could go back home, so I figured I may as well stay in style before I go back there. Have you got a place here in London yet?"

"Nope, I must be the only person whose ever decided to move over here being so under organised, I have absolutely nothing", I didn't want Harper to get the wrong idea about me so I ensured her it was just because I hadn't found anything that really stood out, when in fact I hadn't even started looking.

"Well I know how stressful it can be finding somewhere to live in a place like London, so my home is open to you until you find something. Thats only if you'd like." Her voice seemed so kind and honest and she hadn't stopped smiling since I opened the door,  that was something I wasn't familiar with at all, this total stranger was offering me a place to stay and I had only known her 5 minutes. 

"By the way, your coming to the event tomorrow night right? Please say yes, those things are such a drag and I really need someone to come with, please say your going." I couldn't believe that I had forgotten about that, somewhere amongst my encounter with Harry Styles and being so caught up in my own world I had forgotten about it. 

"Oh my god, I totally forgot about the invitation, I have nothing to wear, I have literally packed business clothes and sweats thats it', nothing appropriate for a black tie event." I could tell Harper had an idea, brewing simply by the look in her eye.

"Not to stress love, i've got the perfect solution, grab your coat and lets go!" she pledged.

I had no other options so I decided to do what this girl said, regardless of her being a total stranger. What could go wrong?

Please vote lovelies x