Chapter 16

Please vote x

It felt like hours that I stood thinking about the images of Harry's lips on mine, I cursed my body for reacting so simply to his touch, allowing myself to fall under the spell that I so desperatly wanted. I pulled myself off the door and walked back over to the couch were I was sitting earlier, my pasta was now cold and the episode that I was watching had finished, usually both of those situations would annoy me, however due to the euphoric state my mind and body were currently in, I didn't really mind. I picked the bowl up and placed it in the sink before grabbing a banana and heading to the bedroom. The large king bed was centered in the middle of the room with two antique white night stands on either side,  my make-up table was placed just underneath the window and the full length mirror hung behind the door, the room felt incredibly modern and clean, almost untouchable. I pulled down the crisp white sheet and climbed into the bed, tiredness hung over my body like a bad smell and I could feel myself slowly drifting off. 

My alarm  blared through the room, blatantly waking me, however I was actually quite excited to face the day for a change, I rolled out of bed and opened up the large double doored wardrobe in search of todays outfit, I pulled out a dark blue pencil skirt with a small slit up the left side and matched it with a black button down blouse, the outfit was boring yet professional. I applied a small amount of make-up and pulled all of my hair into a low pony tail, letting the front strands fall down around my ears.  I headed out to the kitchen and made myself a coffee to go before racing out the door. The magazines that Harry had dropped were still in the spot he kicked them and I found myself yet again replaying the images in my mind. 

"Someones happy?" The morning brazed accent addressed.

"Oh good morning," I politely replied. This was the first time I had ran into the guy from the park since moving into the apartment complex, he was yet again dressed head to toe in black, the only difference being his hair was now pushed up the middle of his head, now exposing both shaved sections. 

"Where do you work? You look overly professional." I took a small sip of my coffee before hesitantly replying to his comment.

"Ah, I work as an editor at Confession Magazine, how about you? You look incredibly under dressed for any normal job." He let out a small chuckle before pulling out a cigarette from his packet and placing it behind his ear.

"An editor how fancy, i'm in a band so we don't really need a dress code love." What was with me and band members lately, they seemed like the only kind of people that took any form of interest in my life.

"Wow thats awesome, whats your band called?" I smiled, he didn't really strike me as a pop kind of guy so chances are I would have know idea who they were.

"We're called The 1975, we actually have a gig on tomorrow night, you should come and check it out," He exclaimed, now lighting the cigarette in between his teeth as we approached the taxi stand. 

"I'm not sure if i'm free just yet but if I am then i'll stop by," I explained, he took the smoke between his fingers and smiled before walking down the street and unlocking his black jeep. 

I hailed a cab and before I knew it I was walking through the doors again to the Confession building, Gia was already waiting in my office with a bag of muffins and coffee in one hand and a handful of papers in the other, she insisted on taking my coat and congratulated me on my first story. I turned on the computer and scrolled through the numerous emails I had recieved since yesterday, I was shocked by the immense attention my piece had recieved and the positive feedback towards the work I had produced, email after email with questions regarding Harry and my relationship and also several lists of other "gossip" related stories, John Forman the director wanted me to address in next weeks addition. I sifted through the folders Gia had placed on my desk and picked out the most interesting stories to consume my time with.