Chapter 17

Harry pulled out the chair, his hand still gently placed over the small of my back and I slid down into the lush purple fabric admiring Harry as he took in his surroundings. The commotion had now quieted down however there were still numerous eyes looking over at our table, all wanting to catch a glimspe of Harry Styles. 

"You okay?" He cautiously asked.

"I'm fine, are you okay? I feel like i've asked this a billion times, but how are they aloud to do that?" I watched as Harry leant in and poured us both a glass of water, before locking eyes with me.

"It's their job, just like you have a job and I have a job, it's just their way of living and I mean as shitty as it is sometimes, you've gotta just deal with because i'm almost certain i'd rather have a couple of photos taken of me every now and again, then work in an office all day, so I just weigh up the pros and cons and it pretty much speaks for itself." His body now relaxed and his eyes softened, how could someone be so positive about that sort of invasion?

The waiter came round with the chefs special wine and poured Harry and I both a glass of the deep maroon liquid, he placed two garden salads in front of us and took a mental note of our orders, I was incredibly impressed with the calabre of this restaurant regardless of the mayhem out front. 

"So we've got this party on tonight right, it's kind of lame but everyone normally goes and I've sort of already promised Niall I would go so any chance you'd like to come with me?" Harry declared, his hands were now positioned in the middle of the table and I couldn't help but stare at his large fingers as he fiddled his thumbs together. 

"Are you sure, won't everybody be a bit like who is this girl?" The hesitation echoing through my voice.

"Nah not at all, Niall brings a new girl everytime we have these sort of parties, they're all used to it, besides they'll just be happy I actually showed up." Harry smirked before taking a bite of his salad.

I watched as he devoured his salad and then carefully sipped back his wine, the juxtaposition of his actions causing me to laugh. I still had so many unanswered questions for Harry, questions that I knew if I didn't get answers to would sit in the back of my mind and simmer away until I found solutions. I could feel a slither of confidence rising in my throat and I knew that it was now or never.

"So why did you come by my place the other day, I know there was more to it then just the article?" I stammered, watching as Harry took in my question and pursed his lips together in a sort of "thinking face".

"If i'm going to be totally honest with you, I wanted to see you again and I knew you probably wouldn't want to see me after what I did so I thought the magazine would be a good excuse to make that happen, selfish I know but I couldn't think of anything else." Harry's response was better then I expected and once again had me more infatuated with this guy.

"You couldn't have done what a normal person would do and just ring me? Instead you stalked your way to find me and then caused a scene outside my doorstep, smooth Styles, real smooth," the sarcasm in my tone was evident causing Harry to laugh. God he looked beautiful when he smiled.

"Well I mean it worked didn't it?" He winked across the table before leaning forward and placing his hands back in the center. Something about Harry caused my body to gravitate towards him and I leant in, now fiddling with the base of my wine glass.

"Any other questions?" Harry mocked.

"What were you finishing in L.A?" Something about my personality needed to always know the answers, I lived for simplicity and structure and I felt like I needed that in order to fully comprehend someone. Harry sat his body back up, clearly uncomfortable by the question.