Chapter 23

Something about the air felt cool, a strange sensation ran through my body as I stepped through the small door, for some reason today it felt smaller then normal. My eyes scanned the vacinity, plates and glasses lay shattered into a hundred pieces around my feet, why was everything broken? I stepped through the shrapnel in search for any clues, a handbag, some clothes, maybe even him. At least if he was here he could give me some kind of indication of where she was, maybe even why she hadn't come home for so long, I didn't care, I just needed answers. 

I felt the air become thick, struggling for each breath as my lungs screamed out, something didn't feel right and I knew it. My feet took me down the corridor before my mind could even comprehend what was happening, the bathroom door was perched open slightly and the gentle flow of the wind fluttered the cream white curtains. I pushed the door open and stepped onto the cold tiles. I felt my eyes attempting to readjust to the sight in front of me but no matter how many times I tried I couldn't, it wouldn't go away. 

Her body was motionless on the floor, a bottle and cap rested on the counter. I couldn't look, yet I couldn't bare to look away. My body was sweating, small beads dropped down my forehead as I took in what was around me. My heart felt like it was going to crack my ribcage at any moment, the loud thumps getting faster and heavier as I search for air amongst this poisoned room. I can feel my knees trembling, threatening to give way as I walk towards her. I've never seen somebody in this state before, dead or alive. I press my two fingers against her neck in search for a heartbeat, nothing, nothing but silence, it was so loud. 

I could feel warm floods of tears spilling down my face, yet I couldn't feel anything, my body was numb. I needed her, she couldn't be like this. I shook her lifeless body, screaming until I couldn't anymore. Her lack of response made me so angry, angrier then I had ever been in my entire life. How the fuck could she do this? Why didn't she say something earlier, there were so many questions running through my mind, all in which could now never be answered. I layed over her, my arms enclosing her body as I screamed, that was all I could do, the only emotion I could bring myself to feel was raw and pure heartache. It felt as if I was going to die, I couldn't physically take the feeling much longer. 

Loud screams.

"Hey, hey wake up, it's alright, Luca wake up." 

I opened my eyes to blackness and the warmth of Harry's body laying holding me close. His arms wrapped around my back, gently stroking my hair.

"It happened again, I was there, I saw it all," I explained, my voice hoarse from my internal screaming match. The realisation of the events unfolding in my dream were enough to bring me back to that exact moment in time and since opening up to Harry they had become far more real. Every image from that night was regurgetated back and re-used, ensuring that I could never forget. 

"I know, it's alright, you're alright." His voice echoing through my mind, blocking out my own thoughts. 

I clung to Harry's arms as I felt my eyes falling heavy again, his body moving in closer to distaught the warmth from escaping us. I could tell he was concerned about what had just happened, his body was no longer relaxed and free in fact the total opposite. 

___________________

My alarm clock blarred at the godly hour of six thirty and I felt as if I had slept for half an hour, last nights dream was easily the worst I have ever had and I was definitely paying for it right now. Harry's body was still encompassing mine however now relaxed and lazed. I pulled myself out from under his grip and sat on the edge of the bed, I slipped on my pyjama pants and headed for the wardrobe. The tightness in my legs reconfirmed the events that took place last night and I felt my cheeks go a light shade of pink as the details surfaced. 

I never used to believe people when they threw around the judgement of girls always becoming more attached after having sex with a guy, however right now every word of that perception was truth. I'm usually one to run, every relationship I have ever gotten myself into seems to fall to pieces because I can't handle the commitment or the "emotional attachment" as they all call it, but right now I couldn't be further from that place.

I grab a black pencil length skirt and a black blouse and head for the bathroom. The natural glow from last night prevents me from having to wear much make-up today and to be honest i'm pretty impressed by how I look. I take one last look at myself before heading out the kitchen to grab my statutory coffee to go and heading out the door. The cold air has circulated through the house and I mentally remind myself to turn the heating on before I head out the door, along with the other tasks that seem to be occupying half of my brain that I still need to get done. The thought of spending the day attempting to find a story worthy enough to make it into Viviens spread already pounds at my head, not to mention the constant gossip from co-workers about Harry and my relationship.

"You hungry?" A voice sounds from the kitchen.

A half naked Harry stands before the island bench in nothing but trackies, revealing his toned stomach and messy bed curls.

"I didn't mean to wake you, i'm sorry," I apologised, before pouring the freshly brewed coffee into a travel mug.

"I didn't ask you if you woke me, I said are you hungry?" His voice gruff from sleep and sarcasm lacing his words.

"No i'm fine thank you, i've actually got to go otherwise i'll be late but i'll see you later?" The thought of leaving this version of Harry in my apartment alone makes me want to curl into a ball and hide and i'm pretty sure he can read that expression across my face.

"I've got to go to the studio with the boys tonight but tomorrow?" 

"Sounds good." Harry planted a small kiss on my lips, ignighting every fibre in my body once again. The fact that he manages to do that with just the touch of his skin makes my mind spin...how?

I somehow manage to claw myself away from Harry's alluring grip and head for the door, the temperature of the apartment lobby is far colder then inside my complex and my lack of appropriate clothing is definitely regrettable. Beauty is pain I remind myself as the wind whips my cold shoulders.  I click the button for the elevator and wait patiently for it to reach my level. I step in and click ground before pulling out my phone and checking through my schedule, my meeting at twelve has now been pushed back to three allowing me far more time to come up with a bullshit story to send in. I tap the one o'clock option and type in - celebuzz.

"Morning," an all black Matty stands before me, his top two buttons undone exposing the beginning of his tattoo - Annie. 

"Oh hey," Matty's ability to startle me everytime I see him is almost becoming ridiculous. 

"You didn't stick around after the show the other night, what did you think?" 

"I know i'm sorry, we had to go, but you guys were amazing, I was totally in awe the whole time," my mind flashing back to snippets of their performance.

"Thanks love, so you came with Harry hey?" His voice reserved yet a slight edginess behind it.

"Ah yeah I did, do you guys know each other?" A smirk escaping Matty's lips as the elevator doors press open.

"I definitley know Harry Styles, I hope you know what your doing babe."  Slight humour behind his words as he stepped out of the doors, cocking his head back to shoot me a devious grin. 

What the fuck is he talking about and why didn't Harry mention anything last night? 

I'M SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING, I'VE BEEN SO BUSY! Thought i'd share with you all my amazing news, I saw the 1975 last night at the Enmore and it was literally the best night of my whole entire life, If you haven't seen a gig by them yet I literally beg you to go it's the most incredible experience i've ever had. Not to mention the fact that I met all the boys and got photos with Matty and George, go and check them out on my twitter, they're so chilled and down to earth its amazing, not to mention so fucking goodlooking! Go and look at the photos on my twitter! - madisonhigs because they're legit amazing, I couldn't believe it! Best week of my life hands down!

Anyways, i'd love to hear your comments on the chapter and please vote and thankyou so much for nearly 16000 views thats so crazy :) 
Love you xxxxx