Chapter 7

I kept reading over the small piece of paper in my hands, attempting to interpret every word written, I knew the intention behind the receipt, Harper had set me up. She caught me in such a vulnerable place that I practically had no choice but too fall into her trap.

I sat on the corner of the hotel bed, dress half unzipped contemplating what to do next, I knew that I needed to confront Harper about why and how she did this, but so much of me was pulling in the other direction. I quickly threw on some sweats and a singlet and removed all of the sharp pins that were holding my hair in place, I picked up the gown, examining to make sure I hadn't spilled anything or torn any fabric - considering now I would have to return it. I slid my feet into the complimentary hotel slippers and headed for the door, the feeling in my stomach was growing and my palms almost dripping with sweat. I approached the door of the room Harper was staying in and forcefully knocked on the wooden beams.

No response.

I knocked again, this time directly in the middle of the door ensuring that if she was asleep, she now wouldn't be. Still no response, she must've been purposely ignoring me.

I stood at the door debating what to do next, when I was startled by a hotel worker wheeling a trolley full of fresh towels and cleaning utensils.

"She checked out about forty-five minutes ago, tall blonde girl?" The cleaner asked, clearly describing Harpers visuals.

She must've been there to freshen up Harpers room for the next guests to arrive.

"Oh okay, thanks for that." I didn't even try to cover the tone in my voice, I simply trudged back to my room and swiped my card through the activator in the door.

Used and defeated, I climbed into bed and pulled out my phone. For some reason ever since moving into the advertising and media aspect of Confession, every-time celeb buzz update their photo realm we get emailed with the new pictures, I rarely look through them because most of the time they are the same thing. "Demi Lovato eating a sandwich at McGraths cafe, Selena Gomez and Justin Bieber once again seen together at the movies, Lindsay Lohan doing something to further fuck up her career", every week it's the same photos. I decided I would have a look at the attachments tonight considering I had nothing better to do, I began scrolling, having every notion re-confirmed as to why I never open these stupid emails, my eyes beginning to fall heavy, I quickly skimmed down the page, having to see all of them before I went to sleep, some weird OCD obsession. As I was skimming something caused me to stop, the black dress I was wearing earlier that night came into vision.

"HOLY SHIT" I dramatically cried, I knew instantly what these photos were, consecutive shots of the night that had just occurred were now displayed in front of my eyes.

I instantly sat up and pulled my computer out from under neath the dresser, I needed to see how many of these photos had surfaced across the web, I typed in celeb buzz into the google search bar and to my horror there the pictures were already captioned "Styles and his mystery girl" front page of the Celeb Buzz website, how could I have been so stupid?! I enlarged the images, trying to get a clearer idea of all of them, there were at least 15, Harry and I exiting the building, Harry with his hand on my back leading me down the stairs, there were even photos of me getting out at the hotel in his black Range Rover.

To my surprise I looked quite good in the photos, definitely giving all the credit to the sixteen hundred dollar dress and the intense red lip that pulled all of my somewhat plain facial features together. But that wasn't important, what was important was that on Monday chances are I would now have to write a story about these photos, explaining who this "mystery girl" is and why she's linked with Harry.

The adrenaline running through my body was enough to lead a small team to Olympic gold. Somewhere between Harpers note and these pictures my mind was going insane.

I found that "journalistic" wise twitter was the best way to access all of the latest news and gossip straight from the mouth of those writing it, throughout my experience in this industry we have always been encouraged to go onto twitter to find out as much added "juice" as we can, so I did just that. In my more recent discoveries, I found out that Harry Styles was the most popular boy band member on the planet at the moment so twitter would absolutely be the best place to start.

"#harrystyles", that was all it took to surcome to the realisation of what had happened, the tweets the favourites all of it, these photos were everywhere and these people were not happy. I scrolled through endless posts, observing that I wasn't everyone's favorite girl at the moment. There was no end, in a matter of 20 minutes the photos went viral and the stories were out - regardless of what the truth was.

Enough was enough and I knew for my own sake I needed to stop looking, I shut my computer screen and turned off the lights, attempting to fall asleep but my mind was telling me otherwise.

Please vote x