Diana, Princess of Wales

Karen had wanted to spend some time with her two grandchildren, year-old James and 4 month-old Lily. Mike and El were happy enough to let Karen take them for the weekend.

Mike had gone to pick them back up the Sunday evening, the radio playing with his favourite song, Every Breath You Take by The Police. Even though the lyrics have started to become odd, it holds a special memory to his heart.

The song was cut off, as the DJ started speaking, who sounded like she was crying. "Breaking News, Diana, Princess of Wales has died in a horrific car crash in Paris. She was taken to Pitié-Salpêtrière Hospital, where she later died from her injuries. Our thoughts are with the two young princes, William and Harry,"

✨✨✨

After Mike and El put James and baby Lily to bed, they had a small amount of time to talk, get ready for bed, get some sleep before Lily woke up for her night-time feed.

"Diana died today..." Mike said, looking over at his wife. He's known since Diana had married Charles, El adored 'The People's Princess'.

Mike saw El's face fall and the tears he hates seeing fill her eyes. He sped walked over to her and wrapped her up in his arms, feeling her sob into him.

"She's was too young! She was 36, she was only 10 years older than us!" El exclaimed. Even though they were 26 with 2 kids, they wouldn't change any of it for the world, even the year they were apart, 353 horrible days just made their reunion all that sweeter.

Mike started to rock her back and forth, knowing that the news had distraught her. And he was thankful that El had got in formula for Lily, when she's too tired to get up at night.

"I'll look after Lily tonight," Mike promises, laying her down and tucking the covers over her. Watching her squirm under the covers, because she didn't want to miss feeding her baby. "Don't worry, I'll be fine, just get some sleep,"

Mike kisses the top of El's head, as her eyes fell shut and because she is so tired, she instantly fell asleep. "Night, El,"