Post-Season 2 (Don't Read If You Haven't Watched All of It)

If you haven't watched Season 2, I strongly suggest that you don't read this until you have.

★★★

Hopper carried El in through the door to the Byers living room, she was passed out - gently snoozing from over using her powers.

Mike was pacing back and forth, that's when he saw El in Hopper's arms barely breathing.

"She's not...?" Mike didn't finish the sentence he started, as Hopper put her gently on the sofa and tucked a blanket around her.

"She's fine, she just over used her powers. She needs to rest, kid," he said, his hand on Wheeler's shoulder and on El's head.

★★★

An hour later, Lucas, Max and Dustin were arguing at the top of their lungs, Mike was dozing next to El, with it being so late at night as he waits for her to wake up.

The sheer volume of their loudness caused El to wake up, she sat up and said, "hey, mouth breathers, shut up!"

Mike jolted awake at her voice and watched as she walked into the kitchen and opened the freezer door.

Only for the Demo-Dog Steve had put in there for Dustin fell out.

Causing her to scream at the top of her lungs.

★★★

Mike was the first to run into the kitchen, quickly followed by Hopper.

El was curled up in herself, against a corner of the cupboards, shaking and crying.

"El..." Mike rushed to her side, and the frightened girl quickly attached herself to the boy, seeing the comfort he freely gave.

"You're ok, it's dead, it's dead," Mike hummed in her ear, gently rubbing her back.

Hopper took one look at the creature which is now starting to rot (now that the gate is shut and it's been in the Right-Side Up's atmosphere for too long) and looked at Dustin.

"Get rid of that, kid," Hopper pointed to the rotting body which lays at the foot of the fridge.

"But-" Dustin starts to explain why he did it.

"Dustin, get rid of it! It's scaring El!" Mike shouts at him, holding her tightly to him as she sobs in his neck. He ran his fingers through her now loose curls and over her wet cheeks.

Dustin saw how upset El was over seeing the Demo-Dog, and started to drag it out of the back door.

That's when the Byers' dog, Chester, padded in and nuzzled against the sobbing girl hoping to comfort her, the girl that's a stranger to the dog.