Heartbreak is an Uncomfortable Feeling

Sorry if this is too angsty for you, I'm heart's not in the right place and this is my way of ranting it out.

★★★★★★

Ellie 'El' Jane Wheeler stand in the kitchen waiting for her apple crumble to finish cooking when a loud screech echos from around the house, coming from her daughter's bedroom.

Alarm bells ring in her ears as she quickly snatches out the almost cooked apple crumble and races up the stairs with Mike just behind her after throwing his mechanical pencil down and abandoning his comic book to help his wife comfort their daughter.

"Baby? What's wrong?" El asked, gently knocking on her door, hoping for a reply. Mike silently stood behind her, waiting for his daughter to reply to her mother.

"I-I'm fi-ne m-mom," their daughter stuttered out, and both Mike and El's hearts broke.

Their daughter was a daddy's girl, so Mike was encouraged by El to speak to her. "Baby girl? What's wrong?"

They heard shuffling and the door opened. And there stood their tiny daughter, 17 years old, just 5ft 2" and heart broken.

"Daddy," she said, before launching herself into Mike's arms, sobbing heavily.

Mike and El could only stage with heavy hearts as their little girl hurts more than anything on this planet.

"What happened, honey?" El says, standing at Mike's side, reaching up and ran her fingers through hey daughter's dark, springy curls - a perfect mix of both Mike and El.

"Lily blocked me!" She sobbed, and Mike looked extremely confused. But El understood what was going on inside her daughter's little world.

"Awe, baby," El gently lifts her daughter into her arms. Lily was the first online friend their daughter made, and now Lily has blocked her, denying her daughter anymore contact with Lily.

And it's totally shifted their daughter's world.

El starts humming 3 Spoons of Suga by the Sugababes.

"It'll get easier, baby," El says, catching her flower engagement ring on her daughter's curls. And without the girl even noticing, she'd managed to catch her daughter's hair in her ring AND get it unstuck with the help of Mike.