Chapter 19 -The strength to survive.

Chapter 19 - The strength to survive.

(unedited).

The angels of Guardonia all awoke early the next morning; there was a feeling of great trepidation surrounding everyone, with Magisters and Mentors alike feeling it as much as the scared students.

The usual friendship group of the first years met up for an early breakfast, almost as if they had planned it. They didn't quite know what today would consist of, but were sure it wouldn't be fun for anyone.

Christian was naturally, very quiet.

All night he had tried to find different scenarios to explain Laura and Lynx's behaviour, but in not one could he justify what he had seen. He couldn't even bother Star with it--he had way too much to think about at the minute.

It was Jake he felt the most sorry for--having been treated so badly on Earth; Laura being unfaithful would destroy him.

He decided to keep things to himself for now, until he could find further evidence, but he would be watching Laura's every move from now on.

Kirsty noticed he was quiet, but they had all been through so much recently that it was only to be expected to feel down and a bit helpless too, although she felt him mentally 'bristle' when Laura, bending to kiss Jake, took her place at the table.

Strange behaviour indeed, she thought, but shook it off as her mental link with Christians' being disrupted by all the recent trauma. Christian had no reason to dislike Laura, as far as she knew, so it must be she misread him.

Meanwhile, Christian was seething internally--how could she do this to him? He was desperately shielding his thoughts from Kirsty, who would slap the idea down in seconds, but she didn't see what he did!

Munching a slice of toast without tasting it, he gazed off to a point over the other side of the room, lost in thought and speculation.

"Earth to Christian, come in Christian!" Nathan playfully nudged him, as he snapped out of his stare.

"Wherever you were must have been fun--you were gone for ages!".

Christian smiled bashfully, upon looking up and hastily avoided Lauras eyes-seemingly as caring as the rest.

"Er, em, yeah, well I was just wondering what we will do today--who gets sent where and all. I was looking forward to being a floating angel, but not just yet. Kirsty and I have our wings though, but as Kirsty is a GA, she will be here. I may not be so lucky though!" he finished, letting out a huge breath of air.

The friendship group all started talking at once then--they had forgotten he had his wings already.

"Don't jump to conclusions, bro." Nathan said, cheerfully slapping his shoulder. "You are too young to go out. They won't expect it yet. They can't, can they?" he faltered, as the gravity of the situation hit him.

Without chance to reply, Pictor entered the room and called all first, second and third year non-graduates to the main lecture hall, where they first learnt about Guardonia on their first day.

Dragging their feet along, the student's filed into the hall. It was as if they knew that life here would never be the same again.

Pictor stood tall at the lecturn, facing the students.

" The situation is far more grave than we first believed it to be. Not only do we have Stalkers, Breakers and Interceptors to deal with, we also have the new type of dark angel called the Psycher, who as we have been told, visits extreme anguish on its' victim.

Unfortunately, it would seem we have far more to deal with, and not on Earth. It has been found that Guardonia has spies, how many we do not know. All we do know is they masquerade as Guardonians', making note of as much confidential information as possible and relaying it to Destrodia.