Chapter 3-Angels, angels everywhere!

Chapter 3- Angels, angels everywhere!!

Christian looked in the direction that Star had disappeared and slowly tiptoed over towards the hole. He was still getting used to the walking surface, which felt like candyfloss without the stickiness, crossed with a trampoline! Peering into the hole, he couldn't see the bottom, which worried him a bit. He mentally gave himself a shake--Man up for goodness sake! You've already been told you are safe here.

He could almost hear his brother jeering at him, telling him what a wuss he was and making all his friends laugh at him.

Right, that's it! he decided. No more wimpy kid behaviour from now on! and with that thought, he jumped into the hole in the cloud.

***

The sight that met his eyes was one that instantly put him on edge. Tens upon tens of teenagers ranging from his age to about sixteen he guessed, were all lined up watching his descent from the slide that appeared when he jumped into the cloud!

This was his worst nightmare--everybody hated him on Earth, why should here be any different?

His eyes slowly scanned the crowd, desperately searching for the slighly familiar face of Star, but he couldn't pick him out in the crowd which made him even more scared!

Suddenly, the most beautiful girl he had ever set eyes on stepped forward from the crowd. Her blond hair glistened round her shoulders, gently rippling as she slowly walked toward him. She had captivating eyes the colour of an azure blue sea and they were focused on him! He started to tremble a little, the only time a gorgeous girl had approached him on Earth , it was to humiliate him, especially one that was older than him--usually set up by Ethan!

"Hey Christian, my name is Lacerta. I am the Head girl graduate from your house. Star is the Head boy, did he tell you?"

Christian shook his head to say no, still bowled over by the girls' beauty.

"Typical Star, always in too much a rush to bring new recruits up here, leaving the eplainations to me! Never mind, I am happy to tell you everything you need to know for now. Your House name is Pisces and it is one of four: Leo, Cancer and Saggitarius being the other three. Of course, you are in the best house " she said with a huge grin.

" Not that I am biased or anything of course!

You will be sharing your dorm room with three others, a new recruit like you called Nathan, a second year called Leon and a undergraduate called Pavo."

The three boys stepped forward and offered their hands and a smile to Christian. Noticing his hesitancy, Nathan said to him in a low voice:

"Don't worry! Most of us that come here are recruited due to our rubbish lives on Earth. Everyone here is your friend and I know it will take awhile for you to let your guard down, but trust me. I have been here for a week now and still can't stop smiling!! "

Christian smiled back at him in relief. He felt himself beginning to relax and started to actually believe he was going to like it here!

Lacerta continued:

" As you can tell from your dorm, there are three years of training. The first two will be practical and theory based and the third, as an undergraduate, will be carrying out some Guardian Angel duties with a Supervising post-graduate. You will stay in your dorm for the three years and after that, be allocated your own private quarters and become a Supervisor if you wish."

Christian bit back a yawn. He wasn't meaning to be rude, but he had arrived in the middle of the night, well, in the middle of night on Earth. He wasn't sure what time of day it was here, as when he looked skywards, all he saw was white, fluffy clouds.

Star stepped forward from wherever he had been and flung his arm over Christians' shoulders.

"Come on guys, that's enough for tonight! Leave the poor lad alone to get some sleep. There will be plenty of time to get to know him tomorrow at breakfast! "

Pavo nodded his head in agreement, then beckoned to Christian, with Nathan and Leon following closely behind.

They walked over to one of the huge white brick buildings marked 'Pisces House' and bearing a symbol of two fish head to tail, making for a circular symbol. Upon entering the building, five or more corridors weaved their way out from the spectacular marble hall, complete with the most intricate stained glass windows making up a huge domed ceiling.

Christian looked around in awe--he had never seen anything more opulent and incredible as this hall and despite his tiredness, he spun around, trying to soak every little detail of the place into his brain; just in case he awoke and all of this really was just a dream!

" We are in dorm number 196, which is down corridor 1, then off at the ninth turning and down to room 6. I know it sounds dificult, but it is very easy after a while, trust me! " Pavo told a bewildered Christian. They reached the dorm room and Leon opened the door:

" Welcome to our humble abode" he said with a grin , " and home for the next three years."

Christian looked around at the brightly lit room. Tiny fairylights seemed to cover the entire ceiling, without making it at all girly-looking. The walls were a deep burgundy, with rich, thick cream shagpile carpet from wall-to-wall and gold leaf on the ceiling beams and additional light fittings.

The beds were made from a deep mahogany wood, four posters all of them, with rich and lush drapes hanging from the top sections.

"This is your bed space " he heard Nathan say, snapping him out of his trance-like state.

"The wardrobe to the right is yours, as if the dresser and light to your left. The recreation area for our home study and relaxation time is over there " he said, pointing to an enormous lounge with at least a 42" lcd television, all the games consoles ever made and a huge open fire. To complete the room, there was a huge study table to the left and the biggest bookcase he had ever seen!

" Wow, " was all Christian managed to say, far too mesmerised by the room to say much else.

Leon joined in the tour of the dorm with a flourish.

" And, for the grand finale-- I give you ········the bathroom! "

He flung open the door and Christian's eyes nearly came out on stalks like a cartoon character being strangled! Each of them had their own shower cubicle in a corner of the room , with gold leaf edging and all of the toiletries you could ever need. In the middle of the room stood an enormous jacuzzi bath, standing on goldleaf encrusted lions feet and surrounded by heated flooring all around! It truly was the stuff dreams were made of, adding once again to Christians paranoia that this was all one big dream.

Pavo clapped his hands together, getting Christians' attention.

"Come on new boy, you're dropping on your feet! Bedtime now mate-- there will be plenty of time for questions tomorrow. Lessons dont start until the day after tomorrow "

Christian nodded, went over to his bed and removing his now dry socks, he slid in between the silky sheets and sank into the marshmallow-like mattress. He pulled the cosy, soft goosedown duvet up to his chin and as quickly as he recognised how comfortable he was, he fell sound asleep!

***