Chapter 33- Punishments and celebrations.

Chapter 33--Punishments and celebrations.

Destrodia-08:00 hours.

Crux awoke with a stretch and a yawn; yesterdays' visit to Earth had been a riot--okay, he hadn't actually found any Guardonians to psyche, but the prank-pulling spree was hilarious and he intended to work up to even more heinous deeds whilst 'working!'

He was Cariousus' trainee and therefore, he thought to himself, was above the usual rules covering darksiders; if he wanted to punish humans whilst on Earth, then why the hell shouldn't he?

As if on cue to that thought, Crux was dragged from his cot and from under the many warm furs that he burrowed under nightly, by his hair.

Before he could protest, Bullis, a meaty, muscular and extremely pissed off third year lifted him up to face-height by his hair and grasped his throat with his spare hand.

Crux gulped; he had never actually met Bullis before, but by reputation alone he was a terrifying sight for any trainee to face.

Bullis stood a good 6ft 6 inches tall, had muscles on muscles and by the way the veins in his face and neck were both pulsating and bulging, Crux assumed he had done something to majorly piss the third year muscle monster off!

As if realising that Ethans' bravado on Earth was nothing more than an act, Bullis shook him a little and almost growled into his face; the combination of a grade one buzz-cut, several piercings and a large tattoo wrapping itself around his neck, of a tiger trailing bloody scratch-marks made for an intimidating adversary in anyones' book and Crux was no different.

Bullis released his choke-hold a little, instead grabbing Crux by the scruff of his neck and leaned in to his face so that their noses were all but touching.

Crux was absolutely terrified; he had never really met much opposition on Earth to his controlling ways and had settled into Destrodia, with the scraps and fights he had initially encountered, being a thing of the past.

Naturally, he had taken some ribbing once the others' had discovered that Christian, his brother by blood only, was a lightsider, but had soon regained his reputation as an adversary not to be taken lightly.

The beast that was currently holding him however, caused trickles of perspiration to stream down Crux's face; it was fortunate that Bullis was holding him up, as his legs had turned to jelly, his insides to water.

Bullis began to speak, his face still so close that each word he enunciated caused a fine spray of spittle to speckle Crux's face.

" You are a total fucking idiot," he spat out, shaking Crux with every word.

"Do you actually have any brains in this ugly, idiotic head of yours?"

Crux shivered; the hold on his stomach would only last for so long and he was close to the humiliation of his bladder giving way also.

He had never experienced such abject fear as he was feeling now and was sure that all the blood in his body was concentrating on the beating of his heart alone, in fact he was certain that Bullis could probably reach in and tear it from his body, given the tales he had heard of him.

Bullis continued, "You may be Corvis. little pet here and may think you are better than us all," he growled, " but you know the rules about leaving Destrodia, as well as any other trainee does! Yet, you decide you are better than everybody else, can do what you like and suffer no punishment.

What the hell did you think you were playing at, pulling schoolboy tricks? Do you realise what could have happened if you were spotted, eh?" he finished with a roar; Bullis' voice had been gaining in both momentum and volume as he got madder.