Chapter 44

The orcs came spilling out of the towers. I froze and looked at the mess. Oh...crud. I pulled out a another  arrow and shot the multiple Orcs coming after us. I was glad that Pippin wasn't here. It was just another chance for him to get killed. Some Orcs came up close, so I took an arrow and jabbed it in the eye and then shot the arrow at point blank. As I backed up, shooting arrows, I ran into something. Jumpy as usual, I pulled out an arrow and put it up to the throat of my attacker. 

"Ali!" Pippin screeched. I pulled back and looked at him. 

"Pippin! What are you doing? Out of Citadel? go back! " I told him. 

"They told me that we were coming out to fight." He said, dazed. 

"Not you! GO back!" I told him. 

"But--"

"No Buts! Go back!" I told him. He was about to remark, but a large troll came bubmling around the corner. I pulled an arrow and shot it in the eye. While it was blinded, I pushe Pippin back into the walkway. "Go BACK!" I yelled at him. He hesitated and looked at me and then back. 

"Fine." He turned around and ran away. I sighed and turned back to the fight. As I was running to the wall to fight the onslaught of trolls and orcs pouring out of the tower, another pang shot through inside my hips and through my stomach. I dropped to the ground, both hands on the cold stone. I sucked in a deep breath and dug my nails into the hard, stone ground. I bit my lip and tried to stand up. It could not happen here. Not right now!!! 

"Alice!" I heard the faint voice call out my name. I snapped my head back to see who it was.

"Zach, what are you doing?! Go back up!" I yelled at him as I put up a fight to get back on my feet. I was failing, and getting weaker each moment. 

"I don't know. Pippin told me to come donw here and help you. I didn't know what to do!" He yelled as he ran toward me with a single sword and some chain mail. 

"I dont need help. Go back." I sighed. I was getting very tired of repeating the same things over again to the same people. 

"I'm afraid I can't do that. I am already down here and too lazy to walk back up." he grinned, even admist this hell. Zach ran to me and helped me stand. Once I was back on my feet, I could easily walk around and the pain had gone, but the sword at my side was heavier that before. Everything seemed a bit heavier. I looked around in a wild haze at the world around me. 

"We've go to do something...we have to do...we've got to save them." I mumbled. I felt drowsy, but I didn't want to give up. 

"I know. Come on. To the wall." He urged me toward the wall, where trolls and orcs were still running around and killing our team. When I saw the opportunity to strike and kill, I was up and ready. It was like my caffeine. Adrenaline rush. I pulled out the sword at my side, and even with heavy arms, I swung and ran toward them with the ferocity and eagerness that had been built up in me. I went into the large crowd spinning, hacking, dodging and jumping. Once I felt steady enough, I pulled out the whip along with the sword and went crazy. I flicked the whip out loudly at firs ton the ground. The crack echoed through the air. And then I went along the way. The only time I was able to get a good shot and did, was when an orc came running at me. I threw out the whip around its neck and pulled it within my arm's reach and pulled out my sword, slicing the rocs head off in one swift motion. Behind me, Zach tried to kill, but he found it difficult to hurt anything. We made a path to find our way to the other side of the wall, near where Gandalf and others were fighting. As we fought along side each other, I could smeel the faint hint of oil, wood, and fire. A combination that I might expect from a war, but I had never seen a way it had been used. I peered down onto the battle field and saw a giant log being wheeled near Minas Tirith. Fire came from the head of the log that was apparently shaped as a Wolf's Head. I could now clearly see the fangs, eyes, and head that had fire spewing from it. Blue, yellow, green, and orange flames were spit from the head, catching fire to anything near it.