Chapter 20

I headed to my room to do....nothing. This whole day Had bee a lot of....I wouldn't say fun, but I would say different. I learned a lot of new things, and one of them was to always go with your gut. I pranced down the hallways in an elf like fashion, lightly dancing on my feet. I passed more weapons and armour. I placed my hand against the side of my hip where the whip was tied to my belt. I hadn't used it in a while. I should have used it in the battle in the valley. I could have saved Merry and Pippin. 

I reached the last door at the end of the castle. I shoved the large door open and breathed in the nice, smooth air that was coming in through the balcony. I wandered over to the balcony and out over the edge. It looked over the small city of Rohan. It wasn't a very rich city, the houses were made of thatch and mud. But the horses were very well bred and brought up. I watched as two men took a horse out of the stables and saddle it up. The horse was calm and very well mannered. I admired the art of horse riding. This must be why Rohan is the land of horse men was it? I peered down at my long locket and opened it up. Merry and Pippin were along the edges of the forest. They looked even taller than they had before! I watched and saw that they were alarmed by something. Was it the Uruk Hai!? I Panicked and slammed the lid of the locket shut. I couldn't't bare to watch it much longer than I already had. 

"They will be fine. I trust that the rider will find them. Just how do you plan on telling your husband that you are in a war and carrying his baby, eh?" I turned from the cool air and looked inside my room, where the voice had come from.

"Boromir! You're not mad anymore!" I smiled and ran out off the balcony and into the room.

"How could I? And, you were right. I coulnd't always protect you from that kind of...stuff. I'm just glad to have a friend here while I am away from my kingdom." Boromir confessed.

"Don't worry. It's nice having a support here. I just don't plan on telling Aragorn. I know he won't let me go to war. Legolas already knows and Gimli, he will bicker about how I was better than him in war and I was pregnant!" I told Boromir how each of the Fellowship would react.

"What about the little ones? The Hobbits?" He asked.

"Well, well, well, we have Frodo. I don't think that he will be very happy with me. You see we were engaged before I was married to Pippin, so that might cause tension. Sam won't be too pleased with me doing that. Merry...he might be even more distraught with that fact, but I think that he would be happy to be the godfather of the child." I told Boromir what each of the Hobbit would do or react to me telling them the news. Boromir chuckled at my observation.

"wow, looks like you got a handful. But tell me, do you ever plan on seeing Frodo or Sam again. They did head to Mordor after the fight in the valley?" He asked. I thought about it. It was a very important question that I had not thought of yet. 

"I hope to see them again. I really liked Frodo. he was very nice and respectful. Sam, not so much, but hey, we all have those people." I put on a optimistic smile.

It was now 6 in the afternoon. That was the calling for supper. Boromir and I had stayed in the room and talked about what we couldn't;t wait to do once we reached our homelands. He talked about wedding the woman he had left back in Gondor. I talked about learning more of the Shire tradition. That last time I was there, I could still remember what my fake life was like and who my "parents" were. I had changed a lot compared to when I first landed here. i was a part of Middle Earth. not some random mortal girl. I was half elf, half hobbit and an elven princess. what more could I ask for?

As we finished talking, I heard a knock on the door.

"Come in!" I called out to the person beyond the door. I prayed and hoped that it was the rider Eowyen had sent out to go find Merry and Pippin. The large wooden doors swung open, letting in a draft from the hallways. Oh great, who else could it be? Grima, hunched over and slumped down.