Chapter 10

That night, I felt....different.  I do not know how to explain how I felt, but it was an odd feeling. Of course I was nervous. The bride always is. I tried to reapeat and Elvish saying in my head, "Uuma Dela, uuma dela, uuma dela." It was; 'Don't worry.' Which I was. I sat up in my bed. I was having cold sweats.

"Uuma dela, Uuma dela, Amin mela i' peredhil. tenna' gurtha uma lye kirma. Bind lye alye' " What I was saying was, Don't Worry, don't worry, i love the halfing. Until death do us part. Bind us together. Basically, I was saying our wedding vows. I set my knees to my stomach and held my two legs. I repeated it over and over again, before I became really loud and woke Gandalf. I repeated it more and more, until I realized his prescence. 

"I could hear you down the hall. Since when did you know Elvish?" He asked. I opened my eyes and turned my head.

"Arwen taught me today. Sorry." I Put my head down and began to repeat it again.

"Is this because of the wedding?" He asked. I sat back up against the bed post. 

"Yes. I think it is. Gandalf, I am only 18." 

"But are you willing to love? Do you love Peregin?" he questioned my feelings.

"Yes. Amin mela i' peredhil. I love the halfling. Amin mela ho. I love him. But it is the dreams that I am having. They scare me. Do you know anything of this?" I asked him. He looked at me. What once was a normal stare from Gandalf became a concerned, serious look. "No...I don't know anything."

"Yes. You do. Tell me Gandalf. What are the dreams?" I begged him.

"Saruon has taken hold of your weak mind. Since you do not hail from Middle Earth, he is able to put thoughts into your head, most likely in dream form." Gandalf told me the bad news.

"How come this started when I fell in love?" I asked.

"Because, it is when you are at your weakest point."

"Then why didn't Saruon plant the dreams in my head when I was in love with Frodo?" The whole concept itself was confusing, but now, my vulnerability rate?

"He knew that you and Frodo would not last long if married. He knew that if you and Pippin though were to be married, and if the timing were right, you got married here, then the strengths and bonds would become stronger between you two and the Fellowship. You two together make a...good team to cheer up the others when they are at their low. Saruon knew that. Now he plants dreams that if you do get married, you will be sent back to Scotland. Your real home."  I was shocked by the news. So now to make sure that Frodo fails, he is reaching through me and tormenting me. Much more a burden to carry.

"Gandalf...I am worried....will you promise to look after me." As I spoke those words, I remembered that every bride has a father they walk down the isle with. "You will be the father figure and walk me down the isle to Pippin? Please?" I asked kindly.

"I guess I can. Yes of course. But, it still makes me wonder how you two ended up together. After today, I guessed why."  Gandalf rose and said goodnight. Although the sun was rising beyond the horizon. Dawn had come already.

I sank back down into the comfy bed. Where I had laid, was cold, so I cuddled up right next to Pippin. I nestled my head under his chin and up against his chest, where I could hear his heart beat.  Even though he was asleep, he knew that I was there and wrapped an arm around me. I was definetly ready to spend my life with this Hobbit. Especially one as funny as him.

"Aye, wakey, wakey." I heard someone speak to me and then softly shake me. I turned in my bed to see Pippin already up.

"You're up early." I told him. I wondered how long it had been since I had that talk with Gandalf.