Chapter 9

"Why'd you keep me back!?" I yelled at Arargorn. I was about to stomp on his toe and then hit him as hard as I could upsisde the head. I had the layout of my attack all planned out in my head. I was just about to raise my foot, when Aragorn took me, picked my up and slung me over his shoudler. 

"Let. Me. GO! I am no child. I know more to this place than there is!" I yelled and pounded.

"Maybe not, I know that hte Ring Wraiths were following. That's why I let Arwen go. She is faster and more agilant." He said in a voice so calm, for some one who has been poked and prodded at by a small girl. I stayed silent for the rest of the walk there. there was no use. I woldn't get to see Pippin for days because Rivendell is far away on foot.  I faced the back of the line, where Sam was guiding Bill the Pony. He wasn't a chubby little pony, but a good size. Maybe.....I could take all of that stuff off of Bill when we get to the top and ride Bill to Rivendell. I know the way. There would be no Ring Wraiths and I could talk to Pippin. Gandalf would also be there. Just when I would I leave? Aragorn never sleeps. Maybe I can ask to stand guard tonight. It wasn't a very good idea, but it was the only one I had so far. There was no way I was going to take Frodo's ring. 

"Hey Ara-Strider?"

"What is it Alice? Haven't you spoken enough today?" he sounded annoyed.

"I was wondering if I could take guard shift tonight?" I asked and crossed my finger ans squeezed my eyes shut.

"Why?" Oh snap! I hadn't thought of a reason. But this was my speciality. I could come up with lies and reason off the top of my head.

"cause...I...want to....get all the energy out of me and I have enough to last the night. Also you seem crabby and tired. You need rest." I told him. The thing I left out was that I did not have that good of eyesight.

"I guess. You do need to get all this negativity out of you. Maybe this is a way to get it." Aragorn thought. Yes! I was going to make it! "But...you have to watch Bill also. We can't lose him." When he said that, I was like, 'Yes! Even better!' 

"Okay. Will do, sir." I always got super nice when something like this was going down.

When we reached the campsite, Aragorn set me down and led me to Bill. He gave me a lantern and my Shawl.  

"Keep a good eye out. Good night." he patted me on the shoulder and walked back up. I looked at Bill.

"Oh Bill. I hope that you can ride far. Are you up for a little adventure?" I asked the Pony. He just looked at me. "I'll take that as a yes." I waited a couple minutes before I started taking everything off of him. When the camp light went out, I began to take the pots and pan off. They were the noise-yest.  Then I took Sam's giant bag off. It slipped from my hands and made a large CLATTER! I stood still for a second. First, what was in that bag that made it so loud and huge. Second, did anyone hear me? Sure enough I heard Aragorn yelling and he ran down the slope. I saw him and quickly threw the rest of the stuff on the ground. 

"Alice! Where are you going?! You keep yourself right there. Stay put!" He yelled as loud as he could. I hopped up on bill and turned.

"Stay Put my ass! I'm going to go to Rivendell to get Pippin! See ya!" I yelled and clicked my mouth and squeezed my legs together and sent Bill off in a gallop. I looked back and saw Aragorn shaking his head. I laughed and went on my way. I took the reins up and rushed Bill. I had never ridden a horse before, and this was my first time. It was wonderful. The dark night's wind whipped throughout my curls and I could see the stars pass by me. I felt free and I never had, even back on that Loch, i knew that I had to go back to that same boring, horrible life. I had a bedtime, I had to eat nasty food, and I had to go to school. Here, I can do what ever I want. No one could hold me back.