The Pain of Parting

Lucy's POV

The pain was slowly residing. I don't know how long it had been, but I know it was more than an hour that I spent lying in silent pain. At some point I had lost consciousness and was taken over by plainness of pain.

I slowly began to open my eyes. I was taller than all the dragons in human form that were around me. I still felt the pain, but it wasn't as prominent.

I started to blink again, but slower. "WHAT THE FU-"

"Language." Azure warned. I nodded and looked at my (now) fellow dragons. Each of them had a different expression. Eclair was concerned, Metalicana was relieved, Azure was serious, Igneel was happy, and there was many more. "I'm so glad you're okay!" Igneel and Eclair said at the same time.

I looked down at them and instead saw my shimmering scaled legs. My scales were similar to Eclair's but they were more gold. I stared in awe as the others watched. I stepped back and looked at the rest of my body. I had wings like the others and everything!

They smiled as of they were proud parents. I suddenly panicked, "My keys... My keys?! Where are they?" My voice was louder than intended, but they didn't seem bothered.

Skidrun stepped forward and held out my ring of keys. I sighed in relief. "Can I go outside?" I asked.

Eclair looked excited and nodded. They all ran out the entrance as I followed, trying to get used to my body. When we were outside, Eclair transformed into her dragon form.

"Race?" She asked.

"Where?"

"The sky." She answered simply.

I looked at her questioningly but she had already extended her wings. "Challenge accepted." I smiled and extended my wings as well.

The other dragons transformed as well. "No punishment, just fun." Igneel said. I nodded and we all took off into the air.

I had never felt so free. I felt like I could reach Edolas. The rush of air and the sensation of weightlessness was pure joy. All day we flew to various places across the continent without being spotted.

Only dragon slayers would've sensed us, but it didn't matter. This their way of celebrating new family. I felt so happy, I could've cried.

I was second back to the cave; after Eclair who was, of course, in first place. She turned into her human fork ((meant form but it's funny so...)) while I couldn't. That was what I needed to train to do before I saw any of my friends again.

We waited for the others in the cave and they eventually came, one by one. By the the everyone was back, it was night. I fell asleep fist with Eclair in human form curled up next to my tail.

In the morning I would have to train. Not something I was looking forward to anymore.

~the morning~

My sleep was dreamless and I woke up to the sound of a snore. I made no noise but the dragons in the cave still woke up. Have they always been like this?! Eclair got off my tail and started to stretch. "I'm hungry," She said.

All the dragons nodded in agreement. I, however, wanted to be able to change into a human as soon as possible. "What about me? I would like to be able to change into a human and eat." I told the others.

"Igneel." Eclair demanded pointing at him.

He was still half asleep when he answered, "Wha?"

"Speak clearly!" She yelled to wake him up.

"What?" He asked annoyed.

"Teach Lucy how to convert. We," She said pointing at the other dragons, "will get food."