Jobs

Today I'm going to school since I'm not suspended anymore. And I don't have to worry about Creepy Connie because she's suspended for the rest of the school year! I have to go to Classroom Volunteer today 'and I'm happy about it.

I walked in the classroom and ignored LeLa's smart remarks. For a girl who's in 4th grade she can be a pain sometimes.

"Hello Mr.Rogers." I said.

"Hello Val. Here's what the kids are working on today. You can just go over it with yourself and help anybody who needs help." Mr.Rogers said handing my a portfolio with a couple of pages inside.

I sat down where I usually sit at and looked at the pages. They were fairly easy. I mean they are 4th graders and I'm going to 8th next year.

I looked over at Zuri. She smiled and waved at me and I smiled at her and waved back.

To think, I might not ever come back to the class room. I might not ever come back to this school. I'm might not ever come back to the city. Not even this state. Just because I have to move...

A couple of tears started rolling down my cheeks. My breathing was getting shaky.

LeLa came walking over to me with her crew.

"Aww. Is little baby crying." She teased me. I looked away and hurried and wiped the tears of my face.

"Who cares about her feelings?" LeLa said to her group. The started giggling and agreeing with her.

I was no longer sad, I was furious. I stood up out of my chair and turned myself until I was looking dead at LeLa.

"Listen, here. Il tired of your smart attitude. Your attitude has been a mess since I got here. Why won't you just go sit down shut up. I'm waaayy older, waaayy taller, and I'm not afraid of a little 4th grader. DO. NOT. push me any further than you have already!" I said clenching my fists. She looked terribly frightened at me.

"L-let's go sit back down, you guys." LeLa said to her group. They walked away very fast to their seats. I gave them one last mean look before going back over this paper.

I have a lot on my mind and I don't need a 9-year-old trying to put me down.

After Classroom Volunteer I left to go to lunch then go to my regular classes.

I walked to my locker and put stuff in and toke some stuff out. I walked to the cafeteria and saw Luke with the boys. I sat next to them.

"Hey babe." Luke said.

"Hey guys." I said.

"Finally your back. It's been a little boring without you." Jake said.

"Yea. But I might be leaving again." I said.

"Why?" Nick said.

"I might be moving to California." I said.

"What? you can't move. You haven't even been here for a year yet. And we only have a week of school left." Bradley said.

"We're coming up with a plan. To ask my parents for money and hopefully her mom takes it. And the second plan is to get a job." Luke said.

"We can help if you guys want." Jake said.

"Yea." Nick and Bradley said agreeing with Jake.

"Are you sure it's not going to be a problem?" I asked.

"I'll ask my dad. But I'm pretty sure I can." Nick said.

"Me too." Bradley said.

"Me three." Luke said.