Chapter 18

[Author's note]
I really wanna end this as soon as I can, but I just can't. Lack of inspiration... post concert depression... and lack of leisure time.
Sorry.
🙏🏻
🔗

Sehun had dragged her away after the incident. He only let her go when they've reach their house. Sending Haejin straight into her room.

He doesn't even utter a single word at her. His face tight with emotion that she doesn't understand, but the grip around her wrist is still comforting.

So now as she lay on her bed, already in her baggy shirt and short undies. Haejin mind won't stop replaying what happened at the Gala.

The way he kissed her possessively and thoroughly. The flick on his tongue and the nips by his lips, it makes her crazy. But when she respond to his kisses, it felt so right.

Like the crowd around them doesn't matter or the fact that he had just punched Baekhyun right on his face. All of this doesn't register in her mind when he kissed her.

He is dangerous. Pulling her with him in their clear way of separation. It'll hurt even more because he actually kissed her like he mean it. He treat her like he wants to pamper her always. Marking her as his, as if he won't let her go.

She tossed around in bed. But her mind won't let sleep come to her as they keep on replaying their kiss like a broken movie in her head.

Her face burned from embarrassment and excitement. She grunt to herself as she sits in the middle of the bed. She fanned her face slightly, allowing her cold palm to cool down her burning cheeks.

"Maybe a glass of cold water could help." She said as she mad way down from bed. Heading towards the kitchen.

The dark space doesn't slow her down as she made beeline towards the fridge. The sound of water filling in her glass is the only sound she heard.

Until a click of switch and light spill into the once dark kitchen. Sehun sauntered into the same space, a bottle of soju in hand.

He set his eyes on the girl before he sat on the island stool. Haejin is awkwardly standing by the side counter, holding her glass full of cold water.

The only distance between them is the width from the kitchen island to the counter. With Sehun sitting side way as he watch the girl action.

His eyes never leaves her. They were just there, in silence. With Sehun holding his stare on her and Haejin awkwardly avoiding his stare. Running the tip of her finger around the glass.

"who is Baekhyun to you Haejin?" Sehun husky voice slice through the silent.

She shuffle on her feet, "A best friend." she answer timidly.

Sehun scoffs at her answer, "A guy can never be just a best friend with a girl."

"But we are! We've known each other since kid!" She exclaim. Hurt by his accusation.

"And that guy loves you! You, are not just, a best friend to him."

"you're drunk Sehun. We shouldn't talk about this." She said, shaking her head as she focus on her drink.

The man slammed his bottle on the island. Standing up so suddenly that Haejin gasped from his move. "Are you that blind Haejin?!" Eyes pressing on her small figure.