Chapter 11

Haejin look at him as if he had grown another head. "What are you talking about, Oh Sehun-shi?"

Sehun hummed as he carefully lift the sauce and pour them on two plate of spaghetti on the table. Dividing equally into both plates.

"Sit down, Haejin. Lets have dinner."

She stares at him for a minute longer as he moves around, setting the kitchen island with spoon and glass. They won't be eating at the table then, just here. In the kitchen.

"Since we'll be having dinner every night, might as well enjoys it, hmm?" Sehun sits himself of the chair and when Haejin weren't moving from her spot, he tilted his chin on the empty sit opposite of him.

The wife sighed softly as she sits herself before Sehun. Eyeing the simple dish before her as Sehun simply starts mixing them well.

"I may not be as good as you in cooking, but I think, this much should be edible."

Sehun weren't even looking at her this time. Just focusing on mixing the task on hand. His head bend low, hiding his face away from her.

Seeing how it seems like perhaps the conversation /from Sehun at least/ would stops there, Haejin reach for her spoon. The male cautiously observing her from under his fringes.

Sehun reach for the first bit of his spaghetti. But when the taste swarm his taste buds, he can't seems to swallow. He spits back what he had just put in, stoping Haejin from taking a bite from her own plate.

His hand grip her wrist, stopping her hand from actually putting that thing inside her mouth. "Lets- lets just order a take out."

Haejin tilt her head as he brings their hands down. "Why? What's wrong with this?"

Sehun could feel heat creeping at the back of his neck as he mutters, "I- I... don't think... this is edible."

Haejin stares at him as she takes in the flush on his cheeks as he avoided her eyes. He seems bashful like little kid hand caught in a cookie jar. He loosen his grip as he pull back his hand. There's an awkward silence wafting in the air before it dissolves at the sound of a soft chuckles from the girl.

Sehun raise his eyes as he look at the his chuckling wife. This was the first time he ever see and hear her laugh. And suddenly, a distasteful spaghetti and a hungry stomach doesn't seem like a bad combination at all. Making a fool of himself for not knowing how to cook even a simple dish, it feels; worth it.

He waits until her laughter subside as the girl wipe her imaginary tears. She sighed softly, ending with a little leftover chuckles. "let's just order pizza. I'm craving for one too."

The male can only nods dumbly as she step down from the stool. Going to pick her phone to search for a pizza delivery restaurant. Sehun look back down at his plate with a wide smile adorning his handsome face.

"How could I even missed all of that?"

Their dinner over pizza turns out fairly smooth as Sehun would say. They were talking, a bit which to him, is a big improvement. She was answering his question and he did the same. They were throwing simple question to each other, much like little kids getting to know their friend.

The stillness of air when they drop to silence is still there nonetheless.

But he doesn't mind that, she could take as long as she need. Because he would still be here, waiting for her to comeback to him, no matter how long she would take.

When Sehun arrives at the office with all sunshine and smile, Junmyeon know that the weekend had been well spend

When Sehun arrives at the office with all sunshine and smile, Junmyeon know that the weekend had been well spend. At least, there's progress. He chuckles to himself.

"Park Chanyeol-shi, I'm so glad you picked up my call."

The lawyer hums distractedly. It was fairly early in the morning. "How was your week Sehun? And please, lets just be casual, our work had been nothing lacking in personal too."

Sehun chuckles heartily. "Okay to both. My dinner had been going as planned. And.. I.. think we do have a tiny improvements."

Chanyeol could almost see the smile in his tone. The young CEO seems giddy and all.

"Very good." He takes a deep breath. "Then let's proceed with the next step." He turns seriously and more awake this time.

"I want you to bring her out on romantic dinner. Candlelight dinner as people would call."

His breath staggered for a second. "Don't you think I would be moving too fast?"

Chanyeol sighed. "Yes I know. But you are on a race against time. You only have a month left Oh Sehun, and let me remind you if you have forgotten that my word is the law. Literally and figuratively."

The other line keep quite for a moment. "Alright, I'll head your word."

Chanyeol humms in satisfaction. "Very good then. I'm expecting updates from you soon, Sehun. Goodbye."

The older doesn't even let him say his greeting before he cut off the call. He shrugged as he reach for the intercom, calling Junmyeon to enter his office.

"book me a reservation at a well known private restaurant for dinner tonight."

Junmyeon nod as he jots down in his iPad, before stopping prematurely. "Dinner?"

The CEO only nods as he skimmed through the documents. "With??"

He detected the sharpness in his voice causing him to look up from his work. "With Haejin of course." Junmyeon only grant him a sheepish smile before proceeding with the task given. "anything else?"

"ohh! can you please get me a fresh bouquet of baby breath delivered to my home right this instance? Charge it to my card." He reach over to jot something before passing it to Junmyeon, "along with this note please."

"will do, sir."

"That's it then I guess."

Junmyeon takes his leave as they both continues with their work. Sehun could stop smiling for the rest of the day. Already so excited for the upcoming dinner.

 Already so excited for the upcoming dinner