Chapter 5

She thoughts that after all the things she had done for him, he could finally open a little bit of his heart for her. But it gets worse.

Sehun no longer be blunt with his advance. He texted Haerin all the time although the latter would not respond. Flower delivery to the girl is also one of his ways to have her attention. It takes Haerin almost a week until she finally had enough of his stupid behavior.

Haerin marched into his corporate decorated office at the top floor.

"Mr. Oh Sehun." She had to try her hardest not to be too disrespectful to her brother-in-law.

The man only smiles sweetly. Standing from his table as he extended a handshake. "Have a sit Miss Haerin."

Haerin settled down in front of the mahogany table.

"To what do I owe the pleasure of having you here?"

"Stop playing around Oh Sehun."

Sehun stilled before he smirks softly.

"But the thing is, I'm not playing with you."

"You have a WIFE!" She speaks woth gritted teeth.

"That I don't love."

Haerin balled her fist. This rude piece of shit deserve a solid beating from me!

"Stop the roses delivery." She stares right into his eyes. "If you don't want her, then give her back. Return her to her family."

His lips curves in a sly smirks. He brings his palm together, resting his elbow on the surface as his chin on the back of his palm.

"I can do that." His face serious. "If you are willing to go on a dinner date with me."

Haerin is about to rebuke when he cuts her off . "A dinner and I'll cut the chase."

The girl weight his suggestion. "Just one dinner?"

He nods. Already guessing her answer.

"Then its game over." He nods again, no longer hiding his grin. "Game over."

Haerin only stands slowly. "Fine."
As the man stands to escort her out of his office she speaks again. "You don't deserve her. It was the biggest mistake my family had done to her."

With that, she left his office without even turning back to greet him goodbye.

Haerin is rude, but Oh Sehun deserves her rudeness.

Haejin's sister texted her about the dinner. Haerin felt sorry for her sister. She skipped out the game over part. She doesn't need to know about that.

It hurts her so much just thinking that her own husband is going on a dinner with her biological sister. She stays in her room all time that night. Weighting her decision.

When Haerin arrives at the restaurant, Sehun is already waiting at the a slightly secluded corner. He waves at her politely.

Sehun wanted to help her with her chair before she stops him. "Let's not cross the line. I'm here just for the food."

He had a cheeky smiles on his lips. "Anything you want."

Haerin makes it really obvious that she doesn't like his advance. She stays silent and only nods to some of his words. She tries to finished everything as fast as she can. It suffocates her having a dinner which is considered romantic with candles and flower with her own in law.

When she finally puts down her eating utensil, Sehun is still eating. Sometimes glancing at her. He doesn't even brings the flicker of excitement in his eyes notch lower.

Haerin almost rolled her eyes when their eyes met.

"Are we done here?" She asked nonchalantly, resting her back on the backrest.

Sehun only smiles before pointing at his still unfinished steak. "Not yet."

But Haerin had enough of his stupid behavior.

"Listen here, Oh Sehun. If you are done with this games you are playing, then let my sister go." Her stares burns in his eyes.

"With your attitude, you are undeserving of her. This game you play will only hurts my sister. So if you don't even have a plan of loving her the way she deserves it, give her back to us."

Sehun slowly place his fork and knife 🍴 on the plate. "But this game is the exact game she is playing with me. I'm only returning the favor."

"What are you talking about?!" She gritted her teeth.

The man shrugged. "You know I actually thought that she really is different. Shy and innocent. But turns out, she is even worst than any other woman I've seen."

Haerin balled the hem of skirt by her lap.

"She hides her disgusting attitude behind those fake exterior. I wonder how many man she had played using this method, I hate to admit it but even I, myself almost being fooled by her."

Wet. Sehun close his eyes. He could clearly hear gasped and mummers from the surrounding diners. Haerin is standing from her seat with an empty glass in her hand.

"You are the one with the disgusting attitude." She was heaving in anger.

"How low can you be trying to score your own sister in law. Disregarding my sister as your wife, calling her names right before me. You truly are a bastard Oh Sehun."

Sehun calmly wipes his wet face, dismissing the flustered waiters who wants to help.

"No man had ever laid a hand on my sister. She's delicate like a flower, but thorn full like those of roses. To protect herself from monsters like you."

She place the glass down as she grip her clutch.

"But if the thorn fails to do so, I'll cut the monsters off with my own hand. And you will only realize who she really is when you loses her, because if you could choose to fall in love, then always love those who loves you."
With that, she takes her leave.

Sehun follows out of the restaurant after the murmurs and hushed whispers died down.

Giving cold shoulders had been an a normally to Sehun. But he had to kill the bubble tea amd marshmallow in him each time he receive his lunch box. Still warm and neatly wrap.

The warmness touches his heart. Melting away the ice cold wall surrounding his heart without even knowing.