Chapter 16

[Author's note]
2326 words to celebrate EXO real 막내 and the HERO of this story birthday! Enjoy. Do drop your comment and upvotes, if you like the updates. 👉🏻👈🏻 180412

📎

A day before the Gala, Haerin had literally kidnapped Haejin from her husband. Sehun was so close to sulk by the corner of his bedroom.

The girls had been exploring around the shopping complexes looking for that perfect dress for Haejin.

It wasn't until they found a small secluded boutique at the corner which sells pretty and simple dresses with pastel themed colored.

"This is our last hope Haejin, please pick something so that we can finally eat." Haerin almost plead at her.

Haejin chuckles seeing her sister looking so famished and drained as she go through the dress.
It's ironic since she is the one who wanted to help dress her up and yet now, here they are with Haerin begging her to end their shopping journey.

"I think this is the very first time you gave up on shopping before me." She states the fact.

Haerin grumbles to herself. "That is because you takes forever to decide on just a dress for a Gala night."

"But its that Gala." She throws back while inspecting a a few red dresses by the rack with the shop assistant trailing behind her politely.

"I don't think this is it Haerin." She said almost apologetically. The other whined loudly. "Haejin we have been spending the day around and yet you still find nothing to your liking??"

Haejin pressed her lips together. "I'm sorry." She said in exasperation with a soft sorry smile for the salesgirl.

"It's okay." She smiles politely with no judging eyes. "I'll guide you out."

Both of the smile as they were escorted back towards the main entrance.

"Waitt!"

Sehun is rocking on his foot as he waited patiently in the living room

Sehun is rocking on his foot as he waited patiently in the living room. Even in the large space of Kim's house, he feels suffocated. Like the walls are pressing in on him.

"steady Sehun. She'll be down in a minute." her father was grinning with the way he was obviously fidgeting. The old man himself is fitted with an classic black tux ready for the night at the Gala.

Its a big event held by the company annually to celebrate and have a break from all the paperwork and datelines. they gather together to refresh and recharge.

He is in a deep thought until the sound of a door closing upstairs caught his attention. He straighten up almost immediately, dusting none existing dirt on his crisp suit. Eyes already on the stairs as he wait for her arrival.