Chapter 4 - What Just Happened?

Inicial Notes

Hello, Dear Readers! Everything alright?

Thank you  for the votes and  comments.

Hope you like the chapter enough to consider giving your vote!

If you find any grammar errors or have any suggestions just let me know ;)

ENJOY!!!

Nico

I go downstairs to head to school, but am stopped in my tracks by my mother, who stands in front of me, her has clenched into fists on each side of her waist.

Her expression is not the best. She seems enraged.

"Where do you think you're going?!" she asks me.

"To... cof cof cof, uhum, cof cof cof ..."

My mother pushes me up the stairs and on the way takes my backpack from my back.

"You're sick. You have a fever for christ's sake! You are going back to bed and you are going to rest. Those were the doctor's orders."

"I'm cof, cof, cof, fine." I whisper in my hoarse voice.

"What? I can't hear you. Speak up, please," she's mocks me, ignoring my protests as she leads me up the stairs to my room.

"Listen to our mother, Nico. It won't kill you to miss a few days of school," says Hazel.

"My... cof cof ... uhum .... My exams... cof."

My mother makes me sit on my bed.

"I already talked to the principal. You'll do your tests later when you feel better."

My mother arranges the bed so I can lie down.

"But, cof, cof ... Mom ..." I try to protest, but I feel my eyes growing heavy.

She nudges me gently, making me lie down on the bed.

"Shhh. Stop worrying. Get some sleep," she whispers.

Will

Arriving at school the next day, I stop in front of the lawn where Nico and I fell down yesterday and smile.

It was fun, more than I thought it would be, but... I stop smiling when I remember. The moment I was on top of Nico... I felt something. When he relaxed against me and I could feel his whole body against mine, I was... and then he looked into my eyes and... It was... unnerving and... pleasurable at the same time.

Having Nico at my mercy, under me, after he fought to get away, but in the end, he relented. I felt something and I'm confused. I thought about it all night trying to unravel my feelings without success.

My thoughts are interrupted when Jason appears by my side and starts pulling my ear.

"Ouch, ouch, ouch..." I say as Jason pulls my ear all the way to my school looker, where he finally lets go.

"What the hell, man!" I say, rubbing my ear with my hand, trying to get the blood circulation back to normal.

I look around and see all the curious looks directed at us. When I look, they try to disguise their interest, but fail miserably.

I hear Jason sigh, what draws my attention back to him that is now looking at me in conflict.

"Look, I don't want to tell you how to live your life..."