Chapter 1 - The Popular And The Nerd

Inicial Notes

Hello, Dear Readers!

Thank you for picking up my story in between somany others!

Thank you to everyone who takes time out of their day to comment.

I hope you like this chapter!

ENJOY!!!

Nico

You know that person you hate instantly? You can't stand looking at her face and the fact that you have to see that person every day is unbearable.

For me, that person is Will Solace.

He is, for a reason unknown to me, "popular", at my school, just because he is the Vice-Captain of the basketball team and by some miracle, his grades are good. Athlete privileges? Perhaps. And also, because, and I hate to admit this, but he, well, you can say that he has the potential to be a model if he wants to.

But the point is: he is nothing but an arrogant, ignorant and stupid player, but for some reason the boys want to be him and the girls and some boys want to be with him. Why? Obviously, for his huge amount of "popularity".

And I'm considered the "Nerd", the one with the perfect GPA, the one who follows the rules and wears glasses, as if having a bad vision was a requirement for being intelligent, which it's not.

Nevertheless, "Nerd" is the label given to me by my peers because I care more about my grades than they do.

Truth is, they know nothing about me.

They see what they want to see, and they choose to see me as a nerd. More specifically, the nerd that Will Solace hasn't left alone since elementary school. This "kid" has been pissing me off for years!

I sigh. Take my glasses off and rub my tired eyes.

Why am I even thinking about this jerk?

The door to my room opens suddenly, and my dear sister Hazel enters without asking permission, may I add, and throws herself on my bed.

"What's up, little brother?" She asks without looking at me as she flips the page of the comic book in her hand.

"Don't call me that." I complain, putting my glasses back so I can go back to focusing on my homework.

"But you're my little brother." She says in a childish voice, coming up behind me and ruffling my hair while hugging me.

"Hazel. Stop." I say, sulking.

She walks away, but not before giving me an unwanted kiss on my cheek.

"Ugh!" I say, wiping my face, making Hazel laugh.

She goes back to the bed, but this time she sits facing me.

"Are you okay? I mean, after what happened yesterday?" She asks.

Yesterday, as always, Will was being an idiot, but what else is new?

"Why wouldn't I be okay?" I ask.

Hazel sighs, her expression becomes serious.

"-Listen, I know that Will is an idiot. And I know his infatuation with you is annoying... scratch that, very annoying!-"

Infatuation?

"Hazel! Care to get to the point?"

"One more year and you'll be free of him. So, hold on tight."