Post Chapter News V.4: You Can't Be Creative Without a Good Night's Rest!

Victor and I saved up to buy our furniture from Magnussen Home furnishings and excitedly moved in to Uncle Sam’s renovated cabin (now a real house). It didn’t take long to save up the funds because Magnussen’s prices are so affordable. In fact, we were able to get every piece we wanted!  We chose the River Ridge theme of furniture because we were after all, now living beside a lake. We both liked the rustic and natural sensibilities of River Ridge. Thank God! Having the same taste in furniture as your partner is extremely helpful in navigating your way in a relationship. We also chose to make our new home as eco-friendly as possible. We wanted everything in it to be made out of organic fibers, even our pajamas! But one thing to be aware of when you launch a new business and get married and renovate a cabin into a house all at the same time, is the stress factor, and the importance of getting enough sleep. This became apparent most of all to Eve, who was now running day to day operations at Lights Out Enterprises. She managed everyone’s schedules and all the details of keeping the lights on at Lights Out. Hence, Eve, is the one who not only saw the stress pile up on me, but was also the unfair recipient of its unruly releases through bouts of frustration and tears. I was completely unaware of how much I had taken on until Eve noticed the bags under my eyes. She took one glance at me after another sleepless night and her jaw dropped in shock.

“This has got to stop,” demanded Eve.

“What now, Eve? My nerves are thin, so watch it! I could snap on you any second!“ I snap.

Eve rolls her eyes at me. “You can’t warn someone you’re going to snap after you snap. It’s weird, Maddy. You’re weird. Ever since you moved in with Victor you’ve been snappish!“ Her eyes suddenly light up. “Oh my God, are you guys not, you know, doing it? Is that why you’re so uptight?”

Now I roll my eyes. “That is NOT your business and yes, of course, we “do” it.” 

“Then why are you so snappish?”

“Well, lately we’re too tired to do anything and Victor’s been kind of grouchy.”

“Are you both REM-deprived?”

“What?”

“You know, rapid eye movement, sleep. The thing you do at night.”

“I don’t know what that is anymore, Eve. Meanwhile, can you please nod this kink out of my back before I explode?”

Eve takes one look at me and nods as if a light bulb lit up inside her head. “It’s your mattress. That’s it. You’ve got mattress-itis.” 

“Excuse me? Can you just get the knot out, please!”

“Not until you order a Keetsa…because I can’t take this anymore. Your moodiness is intolerable, not to mention the eyesore of the bags under your eyes. No make-up on the planet can fix that. The only thing that will erase those bags under your eyes is sleep…on a regular basis, Maddy. And for that, you need the eco-friendly mattress by Keetsa.”

Eve was off on one of her brand soliloquies and I wasn’t in the mood. I was too tired to hear it. But when she said eco-friendly mattress, I stopped. Victor and I had gone through all the extra effort of making our home eco-friendly but we hadn’t even considered an eco-friendly mattress. We didn’t even know that they existed. Hearing Eve say “eco-friendly mattress” stopped me in my tracks. “Did you say eco-friendly mattress? By Keetsa?...Continue…please.” 

Eve smiles. She always smiles when she has the full attention of the recipient of her words. “Well, for starters, everyone should have a Keetsa. Not only is it the healthiest mattress made out of natural fibers, BioFoam plus green tea extract which acts as a natural deodorizer…yes, I said green tea. But it’s got the best support for your back and neck, reducing any knots, and providing GREAT sleep. Just knowing you’re sleeping on healthy materials is a huge plus.  You even have better dreams at night. My dreams are now all in color and full of adventure and comedy and even musicals and…”

“Eve, please. Stay on point.”

“I am on point, Maddy. Dreams relate to sleep which relate to good heath which relate to Keetsa. Not only are the mattresses amazing – and come to you shipped in a box that you open and voila, you have excellent sleep without the hassle of moving a traditional mattress—but they also have memory pillows and you have no idea how important the pillow is! For example, the contour pillow is recommended if you sleep on our side, which I tend to do… check this out.” Eve turns to her laptop and brings up Keetsa’s website at www.Keetsa.com. And lo and behold, a new world opens up for me. Beautiful mattresses made out of organic fibers.. and yes, green tea. The Pillow Plus, The Tea Leaf Supreme, and more… plus organic sheets in an array of natural colors. Mattress covers. And beautiful organic blankets as well.  I start to feel better already. “Do you have a Keetsa?” I ask Eve.

“Of course, I do. And everyone of my friends does, too. I won’t even date a guy unless he has a Keetsa.”

“Really? You don’t think that’s…radical…or discriminating?”

“On the contrary. It tells me where his values are at. If someone respects the environment, chances are he’ll respect me since I may become a permanent part of his environment.” She smiles. “Plus, there’s the sleeping well factor. If we both sleep well, we’ll feel better and we’ll have a better relationship. Everything affects everything, Maddy. Most of all a mattress. And let’s face it, you can’t be creative without a good night’s rest and for that, I am grateful for Keetsa.” 

And that was that. I ordered the Keetsa King Size Tea Leaf Dream (which came with free-delivery) and added it to our River Ridge bed frame. The knots in my back went away. Victor loved it! His grouchiness faded away as did the snappishness in me as well as the knots in my muscles and the bags under my eyes. For the first time in years, I was sleeping like a baby. And Eve was right, just knowing I was sleeping on a non-toxic eco-friendly bed provided peace of mind. My creativity at work surged. And Victor and I were getting along better than ever before. I felt so good, I gave Eve a raise. She just smiled at me and took a selfie of herself to celebrate her raise. And instead of smiling for the camera and saying, ‘cheese’, she winked at me, smiled wide for the camera and said, ‘Keetsa’.

-----------------

Dear Reader,

I, Maddy Banks, would like to thank you for taking the time to read my story, created by creator mom, author Lynn Isenberg.