THE FUNERAL PLANNER: Table of Contents & Author Bio

• Dedicated to Lisa Marshall

NOTE TO READERS from Author/TV Writer Lynn Isenberg:  Invited by Wattpad to join this amazing community, I was intrigued at the prospect of sharing the 1st novel in my entrepreneurial comedy trilogy The Funeral Planner to so many avid readers.  Some of you may think, "Eeuw! Funeral. How morbid!" But this isn't a story about super sad funerals or grim reapers and creepy undertakers.  This is the story about someone like you, who has great ideas and wants to turn them into something... and at the same time heal from personal grief while at the same time seeking true love. That's why couched inside the fiction is actually a remedy for starting a start-up (see Table of Contents below). So, if you're an indie thinker and want to own your own business one day and you think out of the box (no pun intended), and you feel like a fish out of water, and you love to bring "celebration" to everything you do, then Maddy Banks, Eve Gardner, and Sierra D'Asanti will inspire you. If you want to learn about business while being entertained in a gripping romantic comedy with Maddy Banks and handsome venture capitalist Victor Winston, then read on... This version of The Funeral Planner is supported by Dignity Memorial® Network and 1800Flowers.com! This is so that Maddy and her entourage can bring you valuable tips on life, love, death, and fashion... all because... 

Determined entrepreneur Maddy Banks brings life to a dead business... In the process, she must learn to heal unresolved grief and discover the meaning of self-worth v. net-worth in a healing journey of entrepreneurship and love. Chick lit meets business savvy in Isenberg's second novel in which would-be entrepreneur Madison Banks has longed to run her own business since childhood, but has had only failures. Just when she thinks she's hit the jackpot, her business school nemesis, the slimy Derek Rogers, beats her to the punch. Disheartened, Maddy finds inspiration in the unlikeliest of places: at her best friend's funeral. Maddy believes funerals should celebrate a life as oppose to mourn a death. With the help of her beloved Uncle Sam, a lover-turned-friend from business school, and handsome investor Victor Winston, Maddy launches Lights Out Enterprises (www.LightsOutEnterprises.co) and The Tribute Network (www.TheTributeNetwork.co) only to realize she might again be facing competition from Derek. If you ever wanted to learn about life celebrations, healing hurts, or how to start a business, this is a must read.

Table of Contents

1    Personnel Profile or Reflections of a Failed but Still Determined Entrepreneur

2    Missions and Visions: The Genesis of an Entrepreneurial Idea

3    Market Strategy: Lights Out Meets the Funeral Industry

4    Executive Summary: The Plan for Lights Out Enterprises

5    Rollout Strategy: Putting Reality to the Test

6    Financial Strategy: The Venture Capitalist Reprise

7    Operational Strategy: A Power Surge for Lights Out

8    Competitive Landscape: The Past Reprised-History Repeats Itself

9    Critical Success Factors: Diving into Grief

10  Organizational Strategy: The Resurrection of Lights Out

11  Risk & Mitigation: The Stakes Keep Rising

12  Finale: Playing Maddy's Results-The Pièce de Résistance

13  Epilogue: Everyone's Exit Strategy

For more adventures of Maddy Banks, Eve Gardner, and Sierra D'Asanti... read the rest of trilogy The Funeral Planner Goes to Washington (2nd in trilogy) and The Funeral Planner Goes Global  (3rd in trilogy), plus Lynn's erotic steamy dramedie novel My Life Uncovered on RadishFiction Mobile Reading App.

For more fun, see The Funeral Planner Digital Series on Amazon featuring singer-celebrity Joss Stone and actress Cynthia Gibb from TV series Fame--now in the hands of film/TV pros!

LYNN ISENBERG (LynnIsenberg.com) is an Author, Multi-Media Producer, and Brand Strategist in entertainment media (film, TV, digital, publishing, live events). Her work has been featured on The Early Show, Today Show, The New York Times, NPR, Business Week, MSN.com, Fox News, Israel's The Globe, South Africa's Beeld, and in other media globally. She holds a B.A. in Literature & Film Studies, an MBA Audit from the University of Michigan, and a Masters in Spiritual Psychology. Isenberg is the founder of Lights Out Enterprises™, The Tribute Network www.TheTributeNetwork.com), and the Hollywood LITerary Retreat: Literature. Intelligence. Technology. (HollywoodLITeraryRetreat.com).  Her debut novel is the entrepreneurial comedy My Life Uncovered. She is the author of five novels, two non-fiction grief guide­books (spin-offs from this novel!), two children's books, literary brand manager of Dogphoria, and creator of The Funeral Planner Digital Series featuring Joss Stone. Her Screenwriter/Producer credits include MGM/UA's "Youngblood," Tri-Star/Columbia Pictures' "I Love you to Death", Mistral Picture's "True Vinyl", and the Fine Living Network's popular series "I: Design."  She resides in Marina del Rey, CA and often writes in Michigan. Her 5th novel, THE FIELD, the first in a YA trilogy with writing partner Deborah Pratt is coming soon!

Stay connected with Lynn Isenberg:

Facebook.com/LynnIsenbergAuthor

• Twitter.com/lynnisenberg

• Instagram.com/lynnisenberg

Her books can be found on Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Sony, Scribd, etc.

Copyright © Special Digital Wattpad Edition 2014 by Lynn Isenberg

All rights reserved. Published by Focus Media, Inc.  No part of this book may be reproduced or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic or mechanical, including photocopying, recording, or by any information storage and retrieval system, including carrier pigeons, without written permission from the publisher.

ISBN 978-0-9778923-9-6
Visit www.LynnIsenberg.com