Epilogue: Everyone's Exit Strategy

Epilogue

The Lights Out expansion plan goes through and prospers, including the acquisition of Tribute in a Box at a highly re­duced rate.

Richard Wright and the town of Jackson run the opera­tions from the newly remodeled Jackson Funeral Home, its striking renovation delivered under the guidance of Arthur Pintock.

Maddy, Victor, Arthur and Norm start The Tribute Net­work, a cable network dedicated to life celebrations, in­formative programming on care for the dying, grief counseling, diversity of social customs surrounding death, as well as available options for pre-need and time-of-need ex­periences. Some of the program titles we develop include Lights Out Around the World Tour (a show about customized tributes in different cultures); Designer Funeral Homes (Arthur Pintock's works-in-progress); DIY—Do It Yourself Funerals (where to get customized gravestones, what to know about cremation, casket-buying, green burial opportunities, et cetera); Pet Tribute Stories; What to Know about Pre-Need; Grief Wellness, Life Celebration Fashions and more.

Daniel Banks gets a book deal on Authentic Tribute Poems from Agam Publishing. Andy convinces Daniel to let him take some of the profits and invest it. He invests in products he likes and makes the money multiply...apparently Maddy's talk on dollar cost averaging left a mark on Andy.

Eve Gardner's FT 101 takes off and wins the Challenge a Vision Prize in school. She no longer searches for an MBA husband to support her. Instead she takes the boy from the bizarro student film she made and turns him into her vice president of operations.

Maurice LeSarde records a cult-favorite CD of Tara's songs, and launches a successful comeback in the youth mar­ket.

The List of Happily-Ever-Afters

Arthur & Grace Pintock reunite with a second wedding at the Jackson Bowling Lanes and produce an anniversary tribute fitting for Tara à la Lights Out style.

Daniel & Rebecca fall in love again and forgo all plans for divorce.

Sierra & Milton become engaged.

Norm & Elizabeth Pearl happily raise an adopted baby girl from China and continue to expand the Golf Camp Academies.

Alyssa Ryan & Davide elope.

Wally & Sally move in together.

Maddy & Victor have their wedding on Clark Lake—a two-day event filled with stories, emceed by Eleanor and Charlie, with customized poems by Daniel, scrambled eggs, Neshama sausages and a live concert by Roy Vernon and Maurice LeSarde. FT 101 Designs handles all the wedding attire. Maddy and Victor soon after buy the house next door to Uncle Sam's and make their home together on Clark Lake.

Victor's parents have a celebratory tribute for Shoshanna and love Victor in the present.

Unhappily-Ever-Afters

Bobby Garelik loses most of his investment in TIAB, save for the small amount he makes back on the sale to Lights Out. The good news is, he becomes a primary investor in the Tribute Network (www.TheTributeNetwork.com), which saves Shepherd Venture Capital from going under.

Jonny Bright goes to prison for five years for investor fraud.

Derek Rogers is sued in a shareholders derivative case. His "veil of ignorance" defense strategy fails and he goes to jail for twelve years. In prison, he receives a gift from Maddy— a copy of The Canterbury Tales—and highlighted in yellow marker is "The Reeve's Tale"—with Cliffs Notes declaring the deceiver is finally deceived.

The End... but it doesn't have to be!  For more of Maddy Banks adventures... READ the 2nd and 3rd novels in the trilogy:  #2 "The Funeral Planner Goes to Washington" and #3 The Funeral Planner Goes Global" via the Radish Fiction Mobile Reading App.  Plus you can get Lynn's erotic dramedie "My Life Uncovered" also at RadishFiction...

Dedicated to the continuing spirits of
my father, Gerald W. Isenberg,
my brother, Steven Isenberg,
and my dear friend John Laurence

To my mother, whose laughter and courage
light up the path of life.

I wish to thank my wonderful, supportive friends and family, who provided me with idyllic places throughout the United States and Canada in which to write this novel. Thank you to Eileen Isenberg; Bobby and Laurie LaZebnik; Adam Taylor, Leah Solo Taylor, Alain Cohen, Evelyn Baran, Lea and John Sloan, Steve Wright, Laura Banks, Ellen Binstock, Virginia Herndon, Cynthia Gibb and Suzy Borson.

With extra special appreciation to those who have inspired and supported this work: Lori Helman Pogoda, whose offhanded comment inspired the kernel for the idea; Mary Hanlon Stone, who readily offers those early and necessary second opinions; Corie Brown, whose every word is a cherished pearl of wisdom; Lawrence Mandel, who shined the light; Jack Susser, who listens with steadfast encouragement; Chelsea Low, for her intuitive astute insights.

I'd like to thank Mark Porro and Kim Leonard for their incredible help with the publication process! And special thanks to Elna Leonardo and Tao for supporting me through the entire process of publishing four novels and a digital series!

In writing this novel, it is my goal that The Funeral Planner helps demystify social fears associated with bereavement and provides a shift in perception for enhanced experiences to ease the burden of grief. Therefore, I invite you all to share your life celebration stories by visiting "The Funeral Planner" at www.lynnisenberg.com.

I also hope this story provides some insight and appreciation for the unsung heroes of the caregiving profession as well as leadership skills for dedicated individuals who wish to start their own independent business within the balance of life.