Chapter 43- 'Patience is not one of my virtues Pretty Boy.'

A/N: Thankyou to girlwiththeredshoes for the awesomeballs banner!

Another update in less than 12 hours? oh my god i'm awesome. 

--

Archie did not go to Alex’s funeral.

He had told me the day before that he would not be attending, and at first I thought he was crazy. I thought that he had made this decision because he had not faced up to reality and was still not ready to say goodbye to his brother.

His response though was very different. When I asked him why on earth he wouldn’t be going to his own brother’s funeral, he said this.

“I’ve already said goodbye to my brother. I did it in my own way, on my own and said goodbye to him properly. I don’t need to go to the funeral so a bunch of strangers who didn’t give a shit about him can pretend to be upset. I loved my brother more than anyone else ever did, and I don’t want to share my goodbye to him with everyone else.”

That shut me up pretty quickly.

As I said before, Archie in my eyes was the only person who had the right to mourn Alex’s death. His parents sure as hell didn’t, the only people who had the tiniest right were his friends but even we were not important compared to his brother.

My parents went and so did Gavin, Frankie and Harry. Jaden even rolled in on his wheelchair. Apparently the doctors told him he couldn’t leave the hospital yet, and he told them they could wrap their lips around Jaden Jr if they thought he was missing it. Seriously he really said that, I was there.

I don’t know what Archie did instead, I never asked him. We all turned up at the church, and as I sat there and listened to the priest talk about Alex like he knew him personally I wanted to be sick. The first time ever I had an urge to punch a priest.

Sandra and Tom were sitting in the front row, both crying hysterically as the priest talked about their son. Again, I had an urge to punch something. Ironically the priest probably had more of a right to speak about Alex than his own parents did.

A couple of people went up to speak about Alex; one kid was from the Mental Institution that Alex had been admitted to. I listened to this person, who was classed as insane, talk about Alex and I found myself smiling at the things that he said.

“I shared a room with Alex back at the Asylum. I know you’re not meant to call them that anymore, but it seems more appropriate. I mean we’re all crazy right?” The dark haired guy laughed before scanning his eyes around the room “Even all of you. We’re all crazy the only difference is that me and Alex admitted to it. Alex wasn’t nuts because of something he was born with, he was nuts because of the shit that the world threw at him.”

A few people began to mumble under their breath at his language, and again the guy with the messy hair laughed.

“I know, naughty me swearing in the house of the lord, but I strongly believe that swearing shows how passionate you are about something. I have been in and out of Mental Hospitals, and Alex was my longest roommate. The majority of his time he spent it in the room, quietly brooding in the corner and lost in his own thoughts. I kept telling him the dark brooding thing he had going would be a hit with the ladies, but he just laughed me off and shook his head. He was in medical terms classed as depressed; he was referred to as a ‘downer’. I on the other hand have been told I’m an upper. I have too much energy, and in a really weird way we balanced each other out. He was probably one of the only people I have met that didn’t judge others based on superficial facts or form opinions of people before he knew them. He didn’t care enough to judge others. He kept saying ‘what right do I have to judge someone when I am the way I am?’ In a strange way, that’s what everyone needs. The realisation that they are not better than anyone else.”