Chapter 14- 'Running off like Lassie isn't going to help anything is it?'

“HOLY F*CK!” Jaden screamed as he rolled onto his side and clutched his leg which was bleeding so furiously the blood had reached the spot where Gavin was laying.

“Oh my God, Jay. Holy shit Jay!” Gavin exclaimed as he pushed himself to his knees and knelt next to Jaden.

Archie and Alex were instantly by Jaden’s side.

“Jay, look at me Jay.” Archie ordered, his eyes glancing to Jaden’s leg and the patch of red on his jeans which was growing by the second.

Jaden let out a scream of pain as his hands clutched the top of his thigh harder. I winced at his scream, not even being able to imagine how much pain he was in right now.

“What the hell happened?” Alex asked, looking between Jaden’s leg and Gavin, before having a quick scan in the food cupboard.

“I don’t know man! We got bored of your arguing so we came here to get some food, I opened to door and there was this click. Next thing I know he shoved me to the ground and he’s screaming like a bitch.” Gavin explained, and I could tell by his panicked voice he had no clue what just happened in the last 30 seconds of his life. He looked panicked and confused.

“Screw you Gavin, I just got shot I am allowed to be screaming like a bitch.” Jaden growled through gritted teeth, and I could tell he was gritting them to stop his screams.

“Shot?” Frankie repeated in disbelief. Alex stood to his feet and cautiously stepped into the food cupboard, switching the light on before pulling back and waiting for anything else to go off. Once nothing did, he stepped fully into the room.

It wasn’t a big cupboard; the walls were stacked with shelves of tinned food and packets of desserts and crisps. I think about three of us could fit in there and it would be a case of rubbing up on each other like drunk guys in a club who didn’t know the meaning of the words ‘I have pepper spray in my bag’.

“It’s a booby trap.” Alex declared as he raised his arm and yanked something off the wall opposite the door.

“You think?!” Jaden screamed back, his eyes scrunching together trying to block out the pain.

No one blamed Jaden for the sarcasm he was dishing out right now. He had a bullet in his leg after pushing his best friend out of the way of it. If that doesn’t give you a free pass I don’t know what does.

Alex turned back to us and was looking at the object in his hand. It was a gun, one of those ones with the really long ends that you see in like assassin films. He had pulled it off some kind of holder that was on the wall.

“That explains why we didn’t realise until Jaden started screaming.” Alex muttered to himself as he touched the thick end of the gun “It’s got a silencer on it.”

I raised my brows. Holy crap this was like James Bond sh*t, booby trapped doors and gun silencers. I suddenly realised I will never watch James Bond again without feeling both sick and furious.

“I know. I heard the click of the thing automatically cocking it.” Jaden explained through heavy breaths, sweat was now trickling off of his forehead from the pain.

“I know you probably don’t want to hear this right now, but thanks man you saved my life!” Gavin exclaimed, looking at Jaden with a look full of gratitude and from the glimmer in his eyes I swear I just saw Gavin fall in love with Jaden.

Jaden gritted his teeth together to hold back another scream “Don’t mention it.”

“We need to get him back with the others; maybe one of them will know how to treat this.” Archie concluded, gesturing towards Jaden’s leg.