Chapter 10- 'That would go down about as well as a nun.'

A/N: Thank you to vintagebirdie for the amazing banner!

--

“What the hell are we going to do?” Frankie asked almost desperately as she fell on the sofa, her legs coming up and her elbows resting on her knees. She runs one hand through her hair and keeps it there.

“I don’t know. We have two cheerleaders storming through the school on their own. Our Principal’s dead and the English and Art teacher are a big question mark.” I sighed, and then I realised that everyone’s eyes were on me expecting me to continue. I shrugged “I was just summing up; I don’t really have a solution.”

Archie rolled his eyes “Well we can’t just sit here and wait.”

Gavin’s head shot up and he started to frantically shake it “Oh hell no. Don’t start going all Rambo and expecting us to start wondering around the school to save the day. I am quite happy sitting here next to the toys and alcohol.”

Frankie nodded her head and pointed at Gavin “Yeah I’m with him, I’m quite happy sitting here. I don’t know what’s out there and I can live with not knowing.”

Again, I stared between the two of them. I was only starting to realise how similar these two actually were. Stupid and cowardly. I inwardly smiled, realising how ironic it was that all it took was a life or death situation for them to be on the same page.

Archie shook his head, sighing almost as if he was asking for someone to have mercy on him if he had to deal with these two.

“Well let’s all sit here then and wait for the f*cker to come in a kill us off one by one. Gavin set up the keg and let the waiting game begin.” Archie humoured, sarcasm falling out of his mouth as he fell back onto the sofa.

“Now you’re talking…” Gavin actually went to move for one of the kegs, but didn’t make it two feet before he was cut off.

“I was joking you idiot!” Archie almost yelled out, and Gavin gave him a whiny expression as his arms shot out. He clearly wanted to get his hands on that keg. Archie sighed “Look I know everyone’s scared right now, but sitting here is going to do nothing.”

I watched Archie in amazement, not being able to take my eyes off of him as he slipped into this fearless leader role. I absolutely hated myself for it, but I was impressed. I wondered for a while if these waves of respect I was suddenly feeling for him were almost mixed with being slightly turned on. I mentally shook that car crash away before it had a chance to do any damage.

“He’s right, we can’t just sit here.” My mouth spoke before I realised what I was saying. Wow, I was agreeing with him. Archie obviously was as shocked as I felt by the fact we were on the same page judging from the look on his face. A ghost of a smile appeared on his mouth.

“Well, what do you expect us to do?” Jaden asked, and I knew he was part of the ‘let’s wait this out here’ crew.

I thought for a minute, realising we actually needed a plan. I mean what did we plan on doing, leave the hall and wonder around until we found whoever was killing everyone and ask him politely to stop? That would go down about as well a nun.

 “We need to find Miss Vines and Mr Cook.” I announced.

“Summer, you do realise there is almost no chance they are still alive?” Jaden asked me with his brows raised.

“I know but what if they are? We can’t just leave them to die. We need to go and help them.” I was getting more confident about my plan, realising there was no way I could sit here and just wait. I didn’t want to be an Aubree and rely on all the males to do the heavy lifting even though we were all in the same screwed position.