Chapter 9- 'How, and I repeat, HOW are you playing Twister right now?'

A/N: The world is right again, I'm updating my own stories! Hope you enjoy the chapter and PLEASE let me know what you think!

--

“How, and I repeat, HOW are you playing twister right now?” I asked in amazement as I watched Gavin doing a good impression of a paraplegic crab over the twister board in the middle of the hall.

“Look just because we’re in a crappy situation does not mean we can’t make the best of it. We have time to kill.” Gavin replied, his arm wobbling slightly almost knocking him off balance and taking Jaden down with him, who was over his body also keeping himself up right as he played the damn game.

Normally, I would shake my head and turn to my best friend so we could moan about how moronic these boys were. Unfortunately right now, I didn’t have that option.

Frankie was the one spinning the arrow.

“Jaden, right hand blue.” Frankie called out, and I couldn’t help but laugh to myself as Jaden attempted to move his hand, his stomach pressing against Gavin and almost falling flat on top of him.

“Whoa man, watch the boys!” Gavin called out when Jaden’s hand accidently brushed him in that special area.

We were still in the hall waiting for the teachers to get back and hopefully have some good news. To be honest, I didn’t have my hopes up because I knew that whoever had us trapped would have messed with the landlines as well. There was nothing we could do though but hope and wait now. They had been gone about half an hour, and I was wondering if that was a good or bad thing right now.

I was sitting on the sofa someone had moved here when the party was just the normal party that happened every year. Tally and Aubree were still sitting on the chairs by one of the tables while Kevin was on a chair of his own, watching the twister game with a small smile on his face. Alex and Archie were by the alcohol table, and Archie had a beer in his hand. I couldn’t believe he was still drinking, but then again that boy was unbelievable anyway.

“Seriously, if you carry on you’re going to come dangerously close to hitting the gold there Jay!” Gavin yelled again when Jaden tried to move. He turned to Frankie “Why did you offer to spin the board? I would have definitely preferred you getting close to the gold.”

I raised my brows in amusement at this, and I saw Frankie narrow her eyes at him with a faint smile on her lips.

“I just love seeing you squirm Gavalon.” She replied like butter wouldn’t melt, and again I was amazed. Those two are normally very close, but it was mostly insults and banter. Tonight for some reason there was something weird about them, like earlier when Gavin took her hat (which he still had on his head) it was such a casual move, almost like it was normal.

It was weird. On any other day, she would have snatched the hat back and thumped him around the head.

I felt the sofa shift slightly and turned my head just as someone sat down next to me.

Archie was beaming a smile my way, his arm behind me on the sofa.

“How is my favourite little season?” He asked with a smirk, and I resisted the urge to roll my eyes.

“She’s fine, how’s my personal pain in the ass?” I replied, my voice equally as sweet as his.

“Gavin? He’s enjoying himself playing twister and having another man almost fondle his balls.” He replied without missing a beat, a smartass smirk on his mouth.

“Sure you don’t want to get in on twister? I’m sure Jaden will gladly share on the fondling.”

He looked like he was thinking hard “Hmm, as appealing as that sounds I think I’ll give it a miss. Unless you want to take over Jaden in the fondling role?”