Chapter 31- 'Took you long enough to figure it out sweetheart.'

A/N: thank you to aki_the_invincible for the amazing banner! AHS, a girl after my own heart there!

--

To be honest, none of us really knew what to do. What was the protocol in a situation like this?

I mean I knew we had to open the door, but what happened then?

Would Melt Face just waltz in, sit down and we would have a nice discussion about why he had done all of this? Was he going to charge in here like a bull and slash us all up?

Apparently, I wasn’t the only one who was stuck at what to do next.

“Well, this is awkward.” Archie muttered, clearing his throat as he rubbed his forehead. He looked up at the glass panel on the door and towards Melt Face “What happens now? We open the door and then what? Do you just stroll in and play some other messed up little game? What’s next on the list? Operation? We have to answer some more of your questions and if we get it wrong you slice out one of our organs?”

My body was torn at whether to laugh at this, or start panicking because with everything that’s happened I wouldn’t put it past the psychotic person on the other side of that door.

I heard Melt Face let out a chuckle, before he thought something over.

“I tell you what, open this door and I won’t come in. You come out. How’s about that Archie my boy?” Melt Face asked; only I didn’t have time to start worrying about the fact he was telling us we had to walk to him, our possible death, because something else caught my attention.

Archie my boy.

I furrowed my brows as my mind began to work overtime thinking back to when we were younger, suddenly remembering all the memories that I haven’t thought about for years. That name, there was only one person that had ever called him that name.

“Fine, step away from the door then.” Archie didn’t pick up on anything; however I couldn’t stop thinking about what he had just called him.

Melt Face did just that, walking backwards until he was no longer in sight through the glass of the door. Archie walked over to Alex, squatting down and resting his arms on his knees as he tilted his head and looked at his brother.

“You need to get up mate.” Archie spoke softly to Alex, giving him a warm smile. Alex looked at him with a confused expression at first, before he faintly nodded his head. He pushed himself up to stand, still gripping onto the Rubik’s cube. Archie also stood up; slapping his brother shoulder and leading him towards the door “Stay behind me okay? Both of you.”

 I scrunched my face “Alright Hercules, we’ll stay behind you so you can protect us all and save the villagers.”

He turned and glared at me “I will put you over my knee Jacobs if you don’t start listening to what I tell you.”

Ironically, and I don’t know if it was because of the ‘hop on’ events that occurred earlier in the hall, but I quite liked the sound of that idea.

I quickly tore my eyes away from him as soon as I realised he must have picked up on that judging by the hint of a smirk on his lips.

He turned to look at the door as he walked towards it “This time you’ll be the one hopping on.”

I rolled my eyes. No matter what situation we were in, apparently taking digs at each other was something neither of us could stop.

Once we were at the door, Archie glanced between Alex and I.