CHAPTER 13

<BEAU'S POV>

I tried holding back tears when I saw her laying there, almost lifeless. I wanted so desperately to hold her, but the doctor pulled me to a corner.

"Mr..."

"Beau. Just Beau." I saw him nodding his head and flipping through some papers. He frowned a bit and took off his glasses. This was not good. I wasn't expert, but I knew that this was not good news. "Is something wrong?" I braced myself.

"Okay. As you can see, Miss Storm has been drugged to keep her calm. Not a lot but enough to keep her rested. She did have a panic attack. It was due to stress, a lot of it. Has anything been bothering her recently, Beau?" I was lost for words.

"Uh...she has been a bit worked up. Friend problems." I kept it short. He lifted an eyebrow but nodded anyways.

"Okay. But there's one more thing and I want you to stay calm. We did several scans on her and it came out positive for cancer." My heart fell. I felt numb for a moment.

"You are kidding me right?" He shook his head. This cannot be happening.

"How...how bad?" I managed to stutter out.

"Beau, its at its final stage."

"How long does she have?" I almost whispered out the last part. Why did I even ask? I didn't want to know. I mentally slapped myself.

"A few weeks. A month at the most. I am so sorry" He said and walked away. I nearly died inside. My knees gave way and I fell to the ground, This couldn't be happening. I felt tears streaming my face. I wailed and cried. When I finally stopped, I got up and walked to her bed. Jai wasn't there when the news came. I held her hands. They were cold. I kissed them and warmed them. My fingers danced along her face, taking in all of her features. I ran my fingers through her hair. A few strands of her silver hair stuck to my hands. Why haven't I noticed it before? Why didn't I notice anything before? More tears fell and cried into the sheets, staining them.

"Beau?" I heard a tiny, fragile voice ringing in my ears. My head shot up and I saw her looking at me, smiling. I quickly wiped my tears away and tried to smile back.

"Hey princess. How are you?" My voice was tired and worn out, but I didn't want her to see that I was.

"I'm okay. Just a little sore here and there, but at least I'm not dead right?" She said and laughed a bit. I just couldn't do this anymore. I just smiled.

"Beau, are you okay? You are crying. Why?" She touched my face and wiped a single tear away. I held her hand and kissed it, never wanting to let go.

"Nothing. Its just that...uh, Kait...he said that..."

"I have cancer." I was taken back by her answer. Was she just guessing or something. I looked up and saw her smiling. "Its okay"

"Wait what?! You knew?" She nodded her head.

"I knew about it like 2 years ago. I just didn't want to tell anyone. Doctors said that I would live until I was 20, and guess what, I was 20 yesterday." She was still okay with this.

"But you looked so normal. Your hair..." My fingers went to her hair the moment I said those words.

"Its not my real hair. I put in weaves and highlighted them the same color. The black parts are my real hair, or whats left of it at least. I had to. Of you guys would have known. I just didn't want to make anyone worried."

"Does it hurt?"

"Well, yeah. Why do you think I cut? Luke just assumed that I did it because of Jai. I never told anyone. But then, I just got really good at hiding it." She bit her lip and didn't look at me. Tears built up in her eyes and streamed down her face. "I'm sorry, Beau. So sorry. But I just couldn't bring myself to say any of it." She sobbed and killed me to see her like this. I lifted her face and looked at her.