CHAPTER 9

A FEW WEEKS LATER

<KAITLYN'S POV>

I woke up with Beau next to me. How am I constantly waking up next to him? We were currently in Miami. The show last night was the best so far, so we kinda celebrated. Ugh, bad habits die hard. But the boys deserved it. I sat up and stretched, and I felt movement next to me. Beau shifted and turned over. He was now facing me. I pushed away some of the hair which was covering his eyes. He had highlighted the front part blonde. He was in a very funny position. His leg was over mine and his arms were everywhere. I studied the tattoos on his arm. On instinct, I traced them with a finger. So many of them. Mmm...maybe I should get one. I heard a yawn and his eyes shot open. He stared at me, his green eyes piercing through mine. I looked away.

  "Sorry. I know you don't like it when I do that." I looked at him, puzzled.

  "Huh? Do what?"

  "Ya know, stare." He got up and sat next to me.

  "Did you read my mind or something?" He laughed. "No, you little freak. You do that all the time when anyone stares at you. Duh, that's how I know." I laughed and punched his arm playfully. He pretended to wince out in pain.

  "Oww. That hurt, Kait. Little birthday girl all tough now isn't she." I rolled my eyes.

  "Oh, bitch please. I have always been tough, you slut. And P.S. its not even for another three days. Let's get outta here. I'm starving." I got out of bed and walked out of the room. James was at the table, eating bacon. "Oh, yum! Bacon! Finally!" I grabbed one out of his plate and munched it.

  "Hey! That was mine."

  "Sorry. I'm just super hungry. Forgive me?" I took a seat next to him.

  "Fine. But no more for you." I nodded and drank some orange juice. "Where's the others, James?"

  "Luke is in the bathroom and Daniel is still in the hall. Jai went out." That was so strange. Jai was always doing that lately, ever since the show in New York. He would always go out early before anyone was up, or like super late. He would also take and make calls out of the room. What the hell was going on?

  "Okay. I'm going out for a bit. I'll be back in like a minute." I grabbed my sweater and walked outside. I heard a voice down the hallway. It was Jai. He must have seen me coming and hung up. He looked up at me and smiled. "Good morning birthday princess." He walked up to me and pecked my cheek. I smiled. "Don't call me that. Its not even today."  "Yeah, not now, but soon."

  "Haha. Erm, Jai...I don't want to be like nosy or anything, but who was that you were talking to?"

  "It was just a friend." He replied casually.

  "Really? Because this 'friend' of yours has been calling a lot lately. And your always going out somewhere and not telling us where." I bit my lip and chewed the insides of my mouth while waiting for an answer. Oh god. What if he becomes mad at me again?

  "Oh, Kait. Seriously, you worry too much. Swear upon you, that was just a friend. And, I'm always going out because I was still looking for a gift for you. See, now you made me ruin the suprise." He made a pouty face and I laughed. Maybe he was right. "You don't need to get me anything, okay. I hate presents, really. But that is so sweet of you." I stood on my toes and pecked his cheek. "So, yeah. I'm gonna go in now, okay. Come soon. There's bacon." I turned the other way and walked into the room. Something was up.

<JAI'S POV>

Lies. Every fucking word was a lie. How could I do it? No, let me rephrase that...HOW did I do that? I lied to her like it was nothing. But, I had to. It was the only way to keep them from knowing.