Ch. 13

"Time flies by when you are trapped." ~ Shamara

_____________________________

Shamara's POV

I was following Salem upstairs to who knows where when his phone rang.

"What?" He answered. He got quiet and turned around to smile at me. "Good work. Make sure it stays that way." He ended the call and started walking again. "So, it looks like your dear Matthew has went through all his resources to find you." He slowed down his pace to stand next to me. He put his arm over my shoulders and kissed my forehead. I tried to pull away in disgust but he pulled me in tighter. 

"Every time you pull away I will make sure your friend is beaten senseless. Take this as your final warning. Do you understand, Shamara? I will not tolerate this behavior anymore."

I nodded, "Yes, sir." "Good. Now let's go."

"Um, I have one request, if you don't mind, sir." I said weakly.

"What is it?" We paused in the middle of the hallway.

I looked up at him while I said, "I was wondering if... if I could see Dawn."

He looked at me in wonder. "We can go see her if you agree to stay in my room from now on. I don't trust my father with you around. I didn't miss the way he was looking at you."

"I... agree to your terms." I said defeated.

"I'll take you to her. I made sure she was close so the others didn't get any ideas."

We walked a little further and he took out a key. He walked in with me behind him.

"Dawn!" I screamed as I ran toward her. She turned around with her hands crossed. I was stopped short from the leash being tugged.

"I said you could see her not go to her." Salem grinned. "Now I am going to leave you two to talk. I'll be back in an hour." He connected me to a chain on the wall that made me kneel or I was going to strangle myself. He kissed my forehead and left. I grimaced and turned back to Dawn.

"Are you ok?" We asked at the same time. We giggled and then got serious. "I'm fine besides my pride. How about you?" Dawn said while scanning me for injury.

"I'm fine." She was about to question me when I interrupted her, "I promise. I'm fine."

"What happened to you?"

"What do you mean?"

"Your body changed. You look like you lost weight and came out as an amazon woman. And your neck is bruised." I looked around the room and noticed it was well furnished except with a few additions of chains. Dawn was connected to one by her bed.

"I haven't looked in the mirror lately and that bruise was a punishment."

"What do you mean punishment?"

I explained all the events that happened since I woke up. It took about twenty minutes and knew I was running out of time.

"Marriage? He can't marry you. You're not his mate!"

"Well if I don't, they threatened to torture and kill you."

"We will get out of this. I promise. We just need to make a plan."

I heard the lock click and knew my time was up. Salem came in and told me to stand after attaching the leash. I look back at Dawn and said my goodbyes. Salem took me to another room down the hall and pushed me.