Ch.6

"How can I avoid the hottest guy in school when he is everywhere I go?"~Shamara

Ch.6: Shamara'sPOV

​Lunch time at last. I'm starving. ​ I thought right before my stomach growled.

Before I went to the lunch, I decided to stop by my locker so I didn't have to carry around all my books. The hallway was mostly clear as went through. I found my locker and started putting up my books. As I closed the door, a shadow appeared on the lockers in front of me.

"Well hello there." a masculine voice said behind me.

I turned around and looked at who was blocking my way. He was about 6'1" with white blonde hair. He had eyes that were dark as night itself. He looked at me with a cocky and mischievous smirk.

"And you the hell are you supposed to be?" I replied.

​There is something about him that rubs me the wrong way.

​"A little spit-fire are we? I like that. my name is Salem Crowe. What is your name beautiful?"

"Sorry my mother taught me not to talk to ass-wholes. So I will be going now." I said as I was turning toward the lunchroom.

There was loud bang next to my face and saw his arm blocking my way out.

"Excuse me. I have some place to be." I told him. My temper was rising and he was pissing me off.

"You can hangout with me so we can get to know each other better." He replied.

"So far I am not impressed and I don't want anything to do with you. So go find someone else that willing to drool over you."

"Hmm. I think I need to teach you a lesson on manners. Let's go outside to have that chat. Shall we?"

"I don't think so." I said as I slipped under his arm.

"Oh, but I do." He said as he grabbed my arm and started pulling me the opposite way.

"Let go of me!" As soon as I said that, there was a low growl that echoed into the hallways. I looked back to where I thought it came from. ​Matt?

​"Let her go now." He commanded.

"And why would I want to do that?" He asked as Matt walked closer to us.

"If you don't there will be severe consequences, Salem." He growled.

​Why is he protecting me? We don't even know each other. I will figure that out later but first...

​While Salem was distracted, I slipped out of his hold and took a couple of steps back. He turned back to look at me and I kicked him in the balls. As he was bent over and groaning in pain, I decided it wasn't enough. I was mad and I don't like being told what to do. I grabbed his head and pushed it down hard on my knee.

​He will feel that when he wakes up. I haven't had that much fun in a while.

​Looked up from Salem and started walking to the lunchroom. I looked back at Matt and saw the funniest look. He had the 'what the hell just happened' face. His mouth and eyes were wide open. I smiled and waved at him, "Tootles!" I said with confidence.

​Now. Let's eat.

​Matt's POV:

What the hell just happened​​?

She just beat the shit out of him. A werewolf at that.

​I have to know who this girl is.

​When my state of shock went away, I followed Shamara into the lunchroom. My group was already sitting at our table so I hurried through the lunch line. They were discussing what happened in the hallway. There weren't any witnesses besides me and Salem. She was at the part where she knocked him out. She didn't give much detail into it so I decided to butt in.

"What she is forgetting to mention" I said as I sat down next to Shamara. "Is that she kicked him where the sun don't shine and then kneed him in the face."

They were shocked as much as I was.

"It's no big deal guys. He was messing with me and I got angry." Shamara replied shyly.

"No big deal? Salem is at least 6'1" and very built. Man, I wish I had that on video." Chloe exclaimed.

"Me too. And where did you learn how to do that, Shamara?" Nick asked.

"Well...um. My dad wanted me to take self-defense classes since they aren't home as much. I've been taking them since my 9th grade year. "

​She is lying. I don't know how I know but she is hiding something.

​"Do you think you could show me some moves sometime?" Cheesy I know.

She blushed a deep red and turned her head down to hide it.

"Ye...yeah. Maybe." She stuttered out. "I um...thank you for looking out for me. Even though I could handle it."

"I can tell." I whispered into her ear.

She blushed even harder and got up to leave.

"I... I'll see ya'll later. I better get to class." She said has she waved goodbye.

I chuckled at her retreat. I turned back to the others and they had the weirdest expressions.

"What?" I asked.

"What did you say to her that got her so flustered?" Chloe asked back.

"All I did was agree that she could handle herself." I said in defense.

"Ugh...Boys. You know she likes you right? But she is used to being independent most of her life. Slow down and get to know her. She hasn't told us everything and I know she is hiding something. But don't scare her away. And my question to you is why you are so protective over her." Dawn said.

"Think that is the most that you have spoken to me, Dawn." i exclaimed.

"Shut up, Matt. And answer the question." She said defiantly.

"Ok. Ok. Ya'll were going to find out anyways." I huffed. "She is my mate."

"WHAT!!" Chloe yelled.

"Shhh, Chloe. You are attracting to many people." I said quietly.

"Are sure? Like a 100% sure?" Chloe continued.

"Yes, Chloe. I am sure."

"Oh my gosh!!! I'm so excited!!"

​I'm starting to regret telling her.

​Chloe came to hug me and Nick growled of course. Chloe gave him a warning stare. The bell rung after that and we split up to go to our next class.

​I just hope she willbe ok when she finds out.