Ch.8

Ch.8

"When you think you can trust the one you know the most." ~Shamara

________________________________________________________________

I pulled into the garage and notice that mom and dad are still at work. Mom works at a doctor's office in town and Dad is ​the new manager at a hardware store.

I went inside and put my school books down. I went upstairs and started packing my overnight clothes. When I was I done, I double checked everything and look at my clock. I still had a while before the time I told her I would be there.

​Since I had extra time, I decided to grab a snack since I rushed out of the lunchroom before I finished. I wrote a note to my parents while I was done there. When I turned around, I bumped into something hard. I looked up and was about to scream when he covered my mouth with his hand. He shook his head and gave me a signal to be quiet. He was tall with dark pants and a dark blue shirt. I couldn't see his face since he had a ski-mask on.

He moved closer to me and whispered in my ear.

"You owe me after that little stunt at school." He said darkly.

My eyes got wide at realization. It was Salem and it turns out the psycho of the school. I need to get out of here.

"So, you know who I am. Good. You're coming with me, Princess. If you struggle, you will be punished. You hear me?"

I nodded. He let go of my face and went to tie my hands with a zip-tie. Before he could secure it, I slipped out of his grasp and quickly punched him in the face. It looked like it didn't faze him a bit. So I tried kicking him in his sensitive spot again and he caught my leg.

​Dang. He figured it out.

"Sorry. That trick only works once, ​Sweetheart."

He still had a hold of my foot and he wasn't letting go any time soon. I braced myself for a round kick. It hit him right on the temple and he went down. He was already trying to get up.

​That should have taken him out for a while. How is he getting up.

​I knew I couldn't out run him so I went upstairs to try to get some help. I locked the door to my bedroom and pushed my dresser to block him. I found my phone where I left it and grabbed my bat before I went to the bathroom. I called Chloe since her dad is a cop and only 10 minutes away. The police station is at least 30 minutes away without traffic. As it was ringing, I was trying to open the bathroom window. It was just big enough for me to fit through.

"Hello?" Chloe answered.

"Chloe, someone is in my house. I think it's Salem. I'm in my bathroom trying to get my window open but it won't budge." I said panicky.

"Hold on. We are leaving now. Just find something for a weapon and sit tight." She replied.

"Ok. Ok. Just hurry, Chloe."

"We are going as fast as we can. It's still going to take about seven minutes before we get there. Do you know where he is now?"

"It's quiet right now. He was a little dazed after I kicked him in the head."

"You go girl. Just hold out until we get there."

I heard a huge crash outside the door.

"Chloe? He knocked down the bedroom door!" I heard silence from the her line.