CHAPTER 22- BOMBSHELL PHONE CALL

CHAPTER 22

                                                            BOMBSHELL PHONE CALL

 "Cassie, we are heading out for work. Call me or dad if you need anything okay?" Mom says to me.

"Yeah will do" I grunt.

It's 8:00am. I hardly slept last night because I was thinking about Shane. I now understand how he felt. I hated him when I was with Jack and yet he liked me. Now, I love Shane and he doesnt want to be in a relationship with me. It hurts, but I know its for the best. I will just have to try my best to flirt so we can be together again. I know that sounds really slutty and it probably is, however, I cant help it. He flirted with me when I didnt want to be with him so really, its like Shane is getting a taste of his own medicine. But my flirting skills aren't nearly as good as Shane's are so I have a feeling this will be far more difficult than I anticipated. It doesnt help that Shane can be a bit stubborn as well.

As I think up subtle yet effective ways for me to flirt, I get a text from Shane.

'Hey Cass, wanna invite Lucy to Ula today? I want to sort stuff out with her and I need you to be the referee'

I text him back.

'Okay, I'll give her a call and pick her up. In the meantime, you get my referee outfit ready! :D'

I call Lucy, making sure to leave out that Shane will be with us. She says that she can go so I feed cupcake, grab my phone and keys and I leave. Once I pick up Lucy and we are parked by Newton Hill Shane's car is there.

"Who's car is that?" She asks me, getting suspicious.

"I have no idea" I tell her.

"But I thought you said no one ever comes here?" She asks me. I then say that it must be a family out hill walking or something. That lie at least keeps Lucy qiuet.

Once we are at Ula, I spot Shane. Moments later so does Lucy.

"Oh my god. What is he doing here?" She asks me, getting slightly angry. Shane turns arounds and see's us. He comes over and Smiles.

"Fancy seeing you girls here. Out hill walking are we?" He asks and Lucy glares at him.

"Did you know he would be here?" She asks me demandingly.

"Yes. I asked Cassie to bring you here so I can talk to you and sort out our little problem" Shane says in the most calmest voice he can.

Lucy then blazes, "Our little problem!? That problem RUINED MY LIFE!" She screams. I then calm her down as much as I possibly can. We then move to a cluster of rocks where we can all sit down. Then Shane and Lucy try to work things out while I check my emails. I get great internet access up here!

Oooh! 60% off all high heels on the Burberry website!

Then I realise that Lucy is literally screaming in Shane's face so I stop shoe hunting and start refereeing.

"You asshole!" She yells.

"Woohh!! You guys! When I said sort out your problems while I check my emails I didnt mean go at each others throats!" I say. Then Lucy apologises to me and then they are back to talking again.

An hour has passed and I think I am starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel. (Metaphorically speaking that it)

Lucy is definetly being nicer to Shane and I think they are just inches away from becoming friends. Then, Shane's phone starts to ring.

"Hey mom" Shane says.

As he listens to his Mom, his face drops and he gets more angry by the second.

"What! No! There is still another week though!" He yells. His mom talks some more.

"No I'm not happy! Do I sound freaking happy?!" Shane says angrily and he walks about through the trees. Then he hangs up and kicks the stump of a tree. He sighs in frustration and then comes over.

"Jack is coming back in two fucking days! Why the hell does he want to come back so earrly and change the dates? What a douche fucker" He tells me in the most pissed off voice I have ever heard him have.

Shit. I didnt even think of what would happen if Jack was to come back and find out that I was with Shane.

"I'm sorry but dont you think it's kind of mean to hate your brother so much?" Lucy asks.

"My brother is a dick head" Shane tells her with anger.

"Yeah, he slept with a stupid french girl while I was still going out with him!" I say to Lucy.

"Oh my god! What is wrong with you and your brother Shane? Are you both unable to keep your dicks in your pants or something?" She asks Shane.

"Hey! Dont you compare me to Jack! I at least said sorry to you!" He tells her.

"Well, Jack did try and say sorry to me. However, I just got more annoyed with him and he didnt even sound like he was genuinly sorry" I say.

"Uuugghh, what a low life" Lucy says.

"Well, I think im gonna head home and find out why the freaking hell he is coming back early" Shane tells us. We say goodbye and just like that, Shane is gone.

Hey kittens!

Readers- Why did it take you soooo long to write this chapter?

Me- **Sigh** I sorta suck at being ccommited to something if I havent been at it for a while.......

Okay so Im very sorry this chapter (And pretty much all my other chapters)  have taken so long but whenever I am going to get back on wattpad something comes up so I cant go on it!!!!

I was at a wedding and was away for two weeks where I couldnt get any signal so I am very sorry for the long and overdue wait but hopefully I should be able to get more chapters done soon!!!!! :D

Fingers crossed!!

Yours truly and forevevr kitty :3