CHAPTER 12- TRUCK ROOF

CHAPTER 12

                                                                             TRUCK ROOF

I am sitting in my room, thinking. I wonder what Gavin and his motley crew of jocks were on about when they called Shane a junkie. I hope he isn't on drugs.

Then I hear it. A car horn beeping. I look out of my window and there, in his truck, is Shane.

I grab my coat, put on my boots and I go out to see him. As I draw near to his car he rolls the window down.

"We need to talk" He says and so I get into the car and he drives.

We sit in silence for ages while Shane drives and then he says "We are almost there don't worry" And I look around. Wherever we are, the place is deserted. We are at the top of a hill and then Shane stops. We get out and then he takes my hand.

"Follow me, oh, and watch your step" He tells me. We then go onto the back of his truck and then he helps me climb onto the roof of it. We then sit, facing each other on it.

"So I wanted to be able to go somewhere quiet" Shane says and I smile. The full moon is out and the stars sparkle everywhere. This place is amazing.

"So, you said we needed to talk?" I say and Shane rakes his hand through his hair. I'm beginning to love it when he does that.

"About earlier at school, I'm sorry I snapped at you a bit. Brad was right though, about my anger issues. I guess I'm a hot head or something" He sighs as he says this.

"Don't worry about it I'm fine really. Its just I was concerned because of what Gavin said to you" I say and Shane looks at the moon.

"Yeah about that...That is why I brought you here Cass. I suppose we have gotten close now and I think it would be easier for both of us if you knew what happened" He says.

"So do you remember when Jack and I fell out and I broke his arm and he broke my tooth and yadda- yadda-yadda?" He asks me.

"Yeah sure what about it?" I say.

"Well I didn't tell you what happened after that. You see, my parents decided it would be a good idea to make Jack and I go to counselling sessions to sort out our issues with each other because they thought it would bring us closer. But if anything it made us hate each other more. I hated the sessions and so did he and it just to the point that if something was said to one of us and we found it the slightest bit offensive we went mental at each other. So during a session the shrink guy said to me that I had anger issues that should be dealt with. I know now he was just saying that to help me but I screamed at him when he told me. I was so pissed off that I got into my car and left. So I went to my friend Dylan's"

"Wait a minute, is Dylan that guy that left our school last year?" I ask.

"Yeah he is. So anyway, when I told Dylan what happened he told me that shit happens and I should forget about it. His method of forgetting about it was getting drunk by the way so you can imagine how drunk we were. Then he asked me if I wanted to see how he got so much money so fast. So we went into his room and he pulled out a box stuffed full with drugs. Like I am talking about weed, crack. LSD. ecstasy you name it, he had it. But then we ended up trying out some of it. Now Cass please don't hate me for that because it was a mistake I promise! Anyway, we were as high as you can get and then from what I heard my parents were out looking for me and they found us both in the state we were in so they called the cops who took the drugs and also took Dylan. But even though I went to court as well, I got let off for it and Dylan is in prison"

"Shane I'm sorry that sounds awful. Don't feel bad though I don't care it was a drunken mistake like you said" I say and hug him. He then sighs and puts his hands on my shoulders, still clutching me. Then he holds me at arms length then drops his hands so they are by his sides.

"Jack told the jocks what happened so now most of them hate me because he let slip that lots of the drugs had high steroid content in them so they think I took them on purpose. When coach was told and he said I needed to get my fitness together it was because of that" Shane says.

"Its okay. I believe you. Please don't care what the jocks think because pretty much all of them are going to become bald, fat thirty year olds with nothing going for them. Where as you will have a great life I promise" I smile as I say this, which also makes Shane smile. He chuckles a little to himself and says "You truly are one in a million" He leans close to me. So close I feel his warm breath on me. We are about to kiss. I hope my breath doesn't smell too revolting. Now that would be awkward. But then Shane stops. He changes his mind and leans back.

"What is our relationship right now?" He asks me and I shrug my shoulders.

"Friends..I think?" I say and Shane sighs.

"Friends don't kiss Cassie" He says and I don't meet his gaze.

"Well...what about close friends?" I say and he raises an eyebrow.

"Is that all we will ever be? Friends? I don't understand. You hated me. Then Jack left and you still hated me. Then I kiss you and you and you still hated me, but once you kissed me at the party we became...friends? No more than friends? Usually it means I am more than 'just friends' with a girl if we have kissed more than once Cass" Shane says. Oh god he's right. Friends don't kiss. Who am I kidding? Myself. That's who.

"Okay Shane...you're right. But I don't want us to be the girlfriend, boyfriend couples that go about holding hands or anything like that okay?" I say and Shane smirks.

"I wouldn't dream of it cupcake" And he winks at me.

Shane drives me home and as I am about to get out I stop. I look into Shane's amazing dark eyes. I am lost in them. Then as I gaze I am rudely shaken back into reality when my parents shout my name.

"Shit your parents are pissed at you anyway" Shane says looking out of his window. I sigh.

"I didn't tell them where I was going. They must of though I got into a strangers car and left" I say and Shane laughs.

"Only you buttercup" He says and I smile. He winks at me and I get out. I wave him off and turn around.

"Who was that? Where have you been? It is almost eleven o'clock young lady! Now get inside!" My Dad says. Obediently I do.

"Don't worry. I was with Shane, no one else. We just went out for a drive that's all" I lie. Of course that's not all. We went to a remote part of a hill and had a deep conversation and now he's my boyfriend.

"I don't have time for this I have work tomorrow! Just go to bed now" my Mom says. I sigh and go. Of course they always have to ruin my night.

Hey! Sorry I didn't post this until now!!! I have been really busy and our internet went down!! :( Hope you enjoy this chapter!!  Please vote, comment and follow me!!! It would mean a lot!! :)

Yours truly and forever Kitty :3