CHAPTER 13- THE PHONE CALL

CHAPTER 13

                                                                    THE PHONE CALL

I am lying on my bed, completely shattered as I got no sleep from last night. My Mom and Dad have grounded me for two days because of me being out late with Shane. They think I will join and gang and get hooked on drugs and become a stripper or a prostitute. Well... I think that's what they are thinking when they say that they were 'Worried to where I had gotten off to.'

I really hate my parents sometimes.

My mind is filled with thoughts. Thoughts like Jack for example. How could he be such a horrible brother to Shane? He told the jocks everything about what happened with Shane and for what? He really doesn't have any goodness in his heart AT ALL!

I also think of Shane. He must be having such a tough time right now. I feel really bad for him. I am not bother that much that he took the drugs. It was a drunken mistake like he said and it doesn't bother me too much. Also I wouldn't want to start an argument with him over it. We just became a couple last night.... Wait a second...We became a couple?!

I completely forgot! *Note to self-Go see a doctor about my goldfish brain* What am I like?

Then my phone buzzes. I pick it up and its Shane.

"Hey Cass, so did your parents get you into shit about what happened last night?" He asks.

"Yes. I am grounded for two days! You are a really bad influence on me Shane Holmes" I say and he chuckles.

"Only the worst...and sexiest" He says. I can tell through the phone that he is smirking.

"Don't get all cocky now. You know how much you would irritate me with your sexual talk" I comment and Shane laughs at me.

"Come on Cass, that was only because you were with Jack! I bet you find it irresistible now!" He says huskily on the phone and then all I hear is Shane whispering 'holy shit!' Then there is a lot of crackling noises.

"Shane what's going on?" I say and he laughs.

"I said irresistible so sexually my face must of looked kind of sexual as well because I just so happened to be looking at an old lady while saying it and now I think she thinks I am a rapist or something" He says and I laugh.

"Only you Horney Holmes" And we both start to laugh hysterically. Then my dad bursts through the door.

"Cassie! You are supposed to be grounded! Hand me your phone now! You wont get it back for another two days young lady!" He shouts at me.

"Oh god. Good luck with that Cupcake. Speak to you later" Shane says and hangs up. Begrudgingly I hand over my phone to my dad.

"Now go get your homework done. Your mother and I are leaving for work so we will be back in a few hours" Dad tells me and he closes the door. My parents really don't want me to have any independence do they? I get treated as if I am a child and I hate it. Then a plan forms in my head...and a good plan at that.

I wait until I see that they have both left to go to work and then I put my plan into action! I go down stairs and go into my parents room. As per usual my dad has 'hidden' my phone in the place he always hides everything from me. His bed-side cabinet. I grab my phone and get changed. Then I quickly shovel my breakfast down my throat and then I call Shane.

"Hey Cassie what's up?" He says.

"Okay Shane, I wont last one minute being holed up in my house so can you please pick me up and just take me somewhere far away from here?" I ask him and he laughs.