Chapter 2.3 - Nostalgia and Tears

Shiro and I finally descended home and began our first very hangout together.

"Hehe~ This is going to be fun, nya. I can't wait~!!", said Shiro cutely as he walked behind me.

I giggled at his cute response and along the way, Shiro and I initiated a conversation just to get to know each other better.

Shiro shared that he experienced being chased by a stray dog just because he failed to befriend it, experienced parkour when he was in his early years and so on.

His topics really made me smile and laugh especially when he shared that he accidentally drank toilet water.

I, on the other hand, shared that I've tried to do popular challenges from the internet but failed most of it, sharing my favorite movies and anime, likes and dislikes, and experienced how it's like to have a crush on someone.

My mouth went completely shut the moment I mentioned my fourth topic and decided to just laugh it off.

But...

"Eh?! Crush?!!", Shiro said, "R-Really, nya?".

I smiled a bit and said, "Yeah, but I don't have a crush on him anymore".

"Huh?", Shiro replied with worry, "But why? Did something happen between the two of you?".

I stayed silent for a few seconds and when Shiro noticed it, he took my hand and squeezed it.

When I noticed his gesture, it made my heart melt slowly and I couldn't help but feel thankful.

"No, i-it's just...", I stopped my words there and eventually, my eyes became watery, "I-It's just...".

I started sniffing and this made Shiro shocked like he was electrocuted so what he did next surprised me. 

He gave me a big embrace, an embrace that made me feel safe and a reminder that I'm not alone.

My eyes widened and since I felt so comforted, I hugged him back gently before I would let my formed tears flow from the corners of my eyes.

"There there, nya", Shiro said in a calmed and soothing tone, "I don't want (Y/N)-chan to be sad. I'll be sad too, you know?".

I smiled at his adorable response which lift up my mood.

"Sorry...", I replied and laughed awkwardly like I tripped on the floor or something, "This...is actually my first time experiencing this sort of thing. You know, heartbreak. The feeling that the person you like has someone already and you can't do anything about it because you want them to be happy".

Shiro's ears droop down as he wore a sad expression on his face after he heard my reply.

"But it's fine...", I said and suddenly, my emotions started to overwhelm me the more I think about it that I started to sob, "I-I-It's...*sniff*...fine...".

Dammit, I did it again!

I'm letting my emotions sink again just like that very day and here I thought I got over it but I guess, there is still a pinch of feeling left on my heart.

I should really stop.

I don't want my adorable neko friend to worry and not only that, I'm also embarrassing myself in front of him too.

I sniffed and tried not to sob loudly but suddenly, Shiro's hug tighten.

"Shh...it's okay, nya~", Shiro said and soothed my back, "Please don't cry. It's all in the past now and there's nothing you can do since it happen before you know it. I never experience heartbreak but what I do know is this...".

He lifted my face with his soft hands and smiled cutely at me.

"The right person will come to you, nya~!", Shiro finished and giggled cheerfully, "I'm positive on that! So keep that in mind always, hehe!".

The right person will come to you.

Now that I think about it, that's something Obaa-chan would say.

But coming from a half-neko boy, I'm impressed.

Not only that he's very cute but wise with his words too.

Funny, when I hear him say these words from him, I still find him cute. Why is that?

I wanted to smile after hearing his comforting words but since I'm crying right now, I tried to cover my face but...

"Hey, don't cover your face, (Y/N)-chan~!", Shiro said and removed my hands before he would wipe my tears with his fingertips.

"B-But I look...ugly when I cry...", I said and frowned.

He smiled at me once more and held me close.

"No, nya...!", Shiro replied cutely, "To me, you still look cute when you cry. If anyone will deny that fact from me, I'll scratch them with my cat claws, hmph~!".

I laughed at his cute reply for a good few seconds then suddenly, I can feel his heartbeat after I lay my head on his chest.

So soothing.

Just feeling his steady heartbeat feels so reassuring that I might fall asleep-Oh wait, I can't if we're holding each other like this-

Drip.

Drip.

Drip.

I can feel something dripping continuously on top of my head and also my body and I think it's coming from above.

I looked up and it turns out it's raining.

Oh come on! This kind of scenario again!

Weird, why is it that everytime I'm going through a heartbreak moment, this happens?

Karma, maybe? I don't know.

I sighed and Shiro laughed whole-heartedly which came to my surprise.

"It's raining, nya~!", Shiro said and let go of me gently just to feel the raindrops dripping on his hands, "So nostalgic...".

He looked up in the cloudy sky then back to me with a bright smile.

"This reminds me of that one rainy night...", Shiro said and giggled, "That's when we first met and that was the day you took me to your place which I call it my home now, nya~!".

I can see the sparkles in his eyes after hearing his comment and now he's spinning around under the rain clouds.

"S-Shiro, we got to take shelter before-"

"Come on, (Y/N)-chan!"

He intrupted me and took my hand so we can both run around the drenched grass.

"I know you're worried about us getting sick but let's play in the rain for a short while, nya!", Shiro said and laughed adorably, "Let's mark this as our first hangout activity, (Y/N)-chan!".

He smiled brightly at me and we both stopped running when he started to spin around the grass field before making twirl dance.

I giggled at his playful demeanor so I decided to return it by making a ballerina-like twirl under the cloudy sky.

"Wow, your twirl was elegant, (Y/N)-chan!", Shiro commented and clapped, "Watch me, watch me!".

On and on, both of us continued dancing under the rain clouds with smiles on our faces and I couldn't stop laughing when Shiro performed the monkey dance even though he's a half-neko.

We stayed there for only fifteen minutes so that both of us will storm off somewhere we can take shelter.

He kept looking back at me with a smile while holding my hand as I take him to a place where we can definitely take shelter : Obaa-san's bakery.