Chapter 2 - School Time Again and A New Beginning?

"Oh, you're in 2nd year, (Y/N)-chan? Wow, what's it like being in school?"

I looked over to Shiro as he examined my school bag with curiosity as his cat ears starting twitching adorably.

"School is kind of okay. It's an obstacle course where you meet challenges, friends, foes, allies, knowledge and experience. That's how I define school throughout my life", I said as I fixed my bow tie.

Shiro looked over to me and saw my actual school uniform and a smile was curling into his lips.

"Nya~You look so cute on your uniform, (Y/N)-chan!", he said and jump of out of my bed to give me a snuggle and a few purrs against my neck.

"S-Shiro!!", I said and decided to hug back since I can't say no to this adorable neko boy, "Agh, why do you have to be so adorable? Geez!".

Our snuggling session ended about ten seconds I believe and finally, I was already prepared for school.

I checked myself on the mirror one more time and before I could get my shoes, Shiro stopped me when he hugged me from behind.

"Eh, you're gonna leave me here?", Shiro said sadly and his eyes are started to sparkle like he's giving me those puppy dogs eyes but since he's a cat, I think it's kitty cat eyes (is it a word though?).

"I'm sorry but I have school so you have to stay here and wait for me", I said as I grabbed my bag, "You can do whatever you want here but to be safe, don't leave the apartment".

Shiro sighed sadly and hugged me gently before giving me a kiss on the cheek which made my heart skip a beat.

"Okay, please come back soon, (Y/N)-chan. To be honest, I'll miss you very badly once you leave, nya~", he said cutely and looked at me with a cute smile.

I blushed with a hue of pink thinking how cute Shiro was but I shook that thought off and hugged him back.

"Don't worry, I'll return safely and I'll bring some food from Oba-chan's place. She makes the best pastries so I'm sure you'll like her cakes!", I said and rubbed his head.

He sniffed and questioned me cutely, "R-Really? I mean, I do love sweets as much as you-"

Shiro was interrupted when the door was being knocked and a loud and cheery voice came out.

"(Y/N)-chan, good mooorrnninng~"

My eyes widened when I recognized who that voice belong and it turned out to be my reluctant, jolly, popular prince of the school best friend, Naoki.

Oh dear, what do I do?

I gulped and Shiro looked at me saying, "Um, who's that, (Y/N)-chan?".

I smiled at him to reassure him and bring him somewhere so he can hide himself from Naoki just to be safe.

"A-Ah, it's my childhood friend. We're suppose to walk to school together but I don't want him to see you here. Usually he barges in without even knocking", I said and decided to let him stay inside my room.

"Oh, okay", said Shiro and his cat ears lowered, "I hope you have a good day in school, (Y/N)-chan~".

My heart jumped when he hugged me again and kissed my cheek teasingly and before I could say anything else, the door was opened.

"Argh! Darn it, Nao-kun! Sigh, I have to go. I'll see you later, Shiro-kun!"

I gave him one more hug and pat on the head before I leave the bedroom even though I felt a little bad for leaving him alone.

When Naoki saw me, he ran towards me and said, "Oh there you! Man, I was wondering where you were. Let's go! The next train is gonna arrive soon so we can't miss it!".