Chapter 1 - Project Night

Date created: April 13, 2017

Date edited: July 14, 2017

-------------------

10:30 pm. 

Sigh, I've been doing this project for a couple of hours now and I can't seem to stop myself but I did have bathroom breaks and snacks along the way.

Since I'm an average 2nd year high school student in Miyazaki High, I'm trying very hard to pass my grades and avoid failing of all costs.

Yep, that's right. That's high school for ya.

Being in school is a battlefield for me but a nice place to find friends and not to mention I was able to cram especially at night during our project week and research related things.

But this project though...

Argh! I'm still not done with it!

But not to worry, this project cannot be done individually without a partner and it turns out that my partner was actually my crush back in Elementary.

I looked over to my right and saw Kato Hitoshi or Toshi for short. We become friends since Elementary school and the only thing we had in common is drawing and anime.

He was so easy to befriend to, a gentleman that will help you with your troubles and smart too!

Then eventually, a few years came by and when we become classmates during my junior high days, that was the time I had a crush on him.

Of course, I was like trying to avoid these new feelings for a while because I was convincing myself that I only see him as a friend but when I started high school as a first year student, that's the only time I realized I REALLY had a crush on him when he became my classmate again!

This took me like 3-4 years to realize it and I couldn't believe it myself. 

So, my plan for today would be this: since I'm partnered with him (which is quite a coincidence), this may be my chance to tell my feelings to him right here and now.

I don't know how will this go but maybe with just a little bit of hope, I might be able to pull it off, right?

Okay, better warm myself up. You can do it, (Y/N). Just take deep breaths and everything will be just fine.

Hitoshi is writing all the details in his notebook for adding more details for our project and he seems to be concentrating really hard.

'Okay, it's now or never', I thought.

I scooted closer to him while drinking my glass of milk and tried to think of a way to break the ice.

"Hey, Toshi?", I spoke as I place my glass down on the coffee table.

Hitoshi stopped writing just to turn to look at me and said, "Yes, (Y/N)-chan? Is something the matter? I'm almost done writing the details for our topic".

My heart was beating ever so slowly and later on, it was already getting faster when our eyes were locked like glue.

"U-Uh, there's, uh, well", I started off but for some reason, what I really wanted to say didn't seem to make it's way out of my mouth.

I shook the nervous feeling and stood up straight just continue, "There's something I wanted to tell you and it's really important!".

Hitoshi was taken aback from my brave response and replied, "Oh really? Sure, you can tell me anything, (Y/N). I'm all ears".