Chapter 1.2 - Late Morning

RING RING RING

I groaned as my alarm clock rang on the right side of my bed and it's been ring for the last 5 minutes since I was so tired last night for not being able to sleep after what happened and I can't seem to get it out of my head.

"Agh, shush!", I retorted as I turned off my alarm clock.

But I have to get up, I need to get my butt off the bed. 

As I stood and rubbed my eyes, I checked the clock and suddenly, I realized it's already 6:30 am.

My eyes widened and afterwards, I jump out off the bed and started rushing towards the bathroom to clean my face.

'Noooo!! I can't believe I slept in! This is the first time I ever done this!', I thought as I turned on the sink.

Who knew being heartbroken would give me some sort of side effect.

Sigh, better leave it be and prepare for school.

TIME SKIP

I ran through my neighborhood and towards the train station while toast, my breakfast, is on my mouth.

Yep, I didn't eat breakfast and since I was too worried about being late for school, I took a quick shower and wore my uniform. 

This is the first time I'm having hassle first thing in the morning just from waking up late and since I lived alone, there's no way anyone can make my breakfast but me.

I lived alone since I started middle school ever since both of my parents are on abroad right now because of their jobs.

My mom is in Singapore since she got promoted at her company and had the chance to go there so she could earn more while my dad is in South Korea since he got promoted by expanding his robotic creations throughout Seoul since he's an amazing robot inventor ever since he was in his early 20's.

At first, I thought I would be lonely by the time they announced their news but I'm starting middle school at that time, I decided to accept my fate and face the challenges that I may encounter.

"Ah, there!"

I smiled as I found a train and immediately, I rushed towards it and I was able to get inside in a jiffy which is thanks to my legs (yep, I'm sort of a runner since 4th grade).

When hours passed by, I already arrived at my destination.

I went through the crowd and tried my best to get out of it but with a leap of faith, I was able to run outside the train and head towards the school.

'Come on! Legs don't fail me now today!'

I turned left and saw the school gates and the building right before eyes which is written, "Miyazaki High",

I panted and I felt like I'm going to ran out of breath but no, I can't give up. I must push forward to my goal!

I gained a little bit of stamina and ran towards the school with a determined look on my face then eventually as I dashed through the school gates, I didn't seem to notice I was heading straight inside the building and good thing the doors were still opened.

My heels creaked as I pulled my brakes and finally I stopped running and started panting heavily.

"Hah...hah...I made it", I said as I checked the clock which is 7:27 am.

Classes are about to start around 7:30 am and thanks to my fast legs, I was able to arrive here in time far away from home.

As I continued to pant, footsteps were approaching me and when I looked up, it turned out to be one of my best friends, Naoki Maki.

"Yo, (Y/N). Wow, so rare of you to arrive here before the time, huh?"

This is Naoki Maki or Nao as I call him. 

We started out as childhood friends since we became neighbors back in Kyoto and both of our parents were good friends but when middle school came, he was about to cry when I was about to leave and live my life in the apartment when the news of my parents going abroad went out but I told him not to worry and we might meet again someday.

But thankfully, when I moved here in Tokyo, I was surprised we became classmates again here in Miyazaki High and he even told me that he moved here in Tokyo too with his family due to his older brother having a job there.

So yeah, he's a guy you can count on and he can be quite hyper and jolly at times.

"Hi, Nao! Hah...man, I can't believe I slept in today", I said as I wiped my sweat.

"What? That's not like you at all, (Y/N)! You're always early here! No wonder I didn't bumped into you or find you inside the library like always this morning, you stayed up late for that project that Ms. Michiko gave us?", he wondered with curiosity and gave me a strange look.

My tiredness seem to worsen when he mentioned about the project and the memory of what happened last night was flashing back to me again.

"O-Oh, it's a long story, Nao-kun", I said sadly as I fixed my hair just to make I look okay.

"Eh? Hey, hey, don't give me that. Come on, tell your story! We still have a few minutes to spare so why don't we walk to class together, shall we? I don't want you to leave you hanging there"

He patted my head with a smile and when I agreed, both of us walked through the halls.