Chapter 2.2 - Morning Neko

Date created: December 30, 2017

Date edited: April 22, 2018

The next day came and it was finally a weekend. 

After Shiro received his very own clothing and ate my grandma's sweets, he was very happy and thankful that night. 

He couldn't stop saying that it's been a while since he had these things and frequently, he'll give me a lot of hugs and those cute looks of his whenever he looks at me. 

From that night, it's the moment where we form our very own friendship and it's only just the beginning.

To be honest, having him by my side made my sadness from the past days go away slowly like the events never happened.

Anyways, the following morning came and it went like this:

"Shiro, breakfast is ready!!"

I prepared a bowl of tasty cereal (fish shaped) with warm milk for Shiro and (favorite breakfast) for myself.

I rubbed my eye and Shiro came bouncing like a spring with an exciting grin on his face.

Oh, Shiro.

He woke me up at exactly 6 am with his cutesy expression and our morning conversation was like: 

"(Y/N)-chan~ Good morning, nya~"

"U-Uhh, huh? Shiro-kun?"

"Hehe~ You're finally awake, nya~"

"W-Woah, and you're up early! What time is it?"

"Hmm, it's-Oh, 6 o' clock!"

"Eh?! 6 AM? Oh dear, and here I thought I would get myself some weekend beauty sleep but then I remembered...you're here"

"Hehe, you're so cute when you're confused, (Y/N)-chan. Ne, let's have breakfast! I'm hungry, nya~"

"...Alright, I'll get off the bed now. Just wait in the living room"

"Yay!!"

There you have it. 

Thanks to Shiro, I actually woke up early in a weekend but I guess it's not so bad to do this every now and then. 

I'll just call this my learning experience as a morning person.

"Yay!! Thanks for the food, (Y/N)-chan~. Ikadakimasu, nya~", said Shiro innocently.

I was about to give him a tablespoon but it was already too late when he started eating his cereal like an actual cat.

I only smiled and ate my own breakfast while watching him gobble up his own.

"Say, Shiro...", I started to break the ice.

When he looked at me, his entire mouth was covered in milk and it made me laugh.

"Eh, why are you laughing?", Shiro questioned.

I told him where it is while holding my laughter then when he touched his mouth, his eyes widened and started wiping it with his forearm.

"O-Oh, my gosh. Hehe, I'm sorry, nya~ Where are my manners", he said and laughed along with me.

"Haha, it's fine", I reassured him, "But did any of your memories recovered yet?".

"My memories?", he questioned.

He thought deeply for a moment but then he went back to reality and sighed.

"Nope, not a thing", he said with a sad smile, "Although, being a neko isn't such a bad thing actually...for me at least".

"How would you say so? I mean, have you ever thought of being an actual human instead of a neko?", I questioned, sounding a bit concerned, "When I met you for the first time, I can't help but worry about how people think of you if they see you like that when you go outside".

"Oh, I see. That's actually a good question", said Shiro, looking at me while munching on a fish cereal, "I actually never of that for a while but you know, you're right".

He grabbed the bowl and finished his cereal in no time before licking his lips playfully.

"There are actually times where I want to be a full-fledged human. But, luckily, I have this form!", he said and turned around while hugging himself, "This is close to being human except I only have cat ears and a tail. The only thing good about this half-neko form is that I'm very cute and cuddly for those you are in need for cute stuff like you, senpai!".

"Senpai?", I murmured.

"Also, this form can be a good camouflage. People would think that I'm in cosplay, nya~", he said and played with his ears cutely.

"Shiro-kun, please stop", I quickly said, "You're being cute again".

"Eh? Why?", he questioned.

I looked away and feeling my cheeks glowing red and this made Shiro excited.

"Ne, ne~ Why, nya~", he got closer to me by crawling like an actual cat.

I was about to resist his cutesy antics until I had an idea, just to change the atmosphere and the topic.

"H-Hey!! I have an idea!", I said as I stood up from my seat, "Since people might see you wearing like some sort of cosplay, why don't you come with me to the park? It wouldn't be a bad idea since it's a weekend, am I right?".

"Ooh, the park, nya~", Shiro said with excitement, "Do you always walk in parks during weekends, (Y/N)?".

"Yeah! Well, sometimes with my childhood friend though and his sibling", I said and patted his head, "But for today, it's just the two of us so let's prepare, yeah?".

"Yay!", he said, "I can't wait!".

With that, I cleaned up the kitchen before getting changed to my outfit while Shiro follows suit by changing inside the living room with his new clothes.

"Shiro, are you done?", I said, brushing my hair.

"Yes, (Y/N)-chan! Check out the clothes you bought for me, it fits perfectly!"

I smiled and went outside my room to check out his whole attire. 

When I did, he was wearing a baby blue cat hoodie that I bought from a cosplay store that Naoki introduced last week, brown cargo shorts and a pair of matching slip-ons.

I covered my mouth from resisting to let out a squeal and thought, 'Perfect...this actually suits him very well'.

"What do you think, (Y/N)-chan? Do I look, okay? I really am thankful that you actually found a neko hoodie for me!", Shiro said, playing with his neko ears from the hoodie.

I approached him and the more I got closer, the more cute he looks with his hoodie.

"Cute...!", I complimented him, "It's just the right size and...wait, your tail".

He giggled at me and turned around just to show me that he hid his tail inside his hoodie.

"Yep, the exact size where you can leave a space for a tail at the back of the hoodie, nya!", said Shiro, "I just need to be careful though, to be safe".

I smiled at him again and said, "Shall we get going? We can also visit Oba-chan too and you can pick any sweets in her bakery".

"Really?!", he questioned with bright eyes.

"Hehe, sure! It's on the house and take it as a token of our first bonding together", I said while giving him a hug.

"Yay, this already made my day, nya~", said Shiro excited before hugging me back affectionately.