Chapter 8: Constance-Unwanted Memories

You know those moments when you have to wake up because you have that feeling of someone in your room? Well that's how I found Willow, on the floor with Arkadius holding a dead fish. The only reason there is a dead fish is because Arkadius thought it would be nice to bring me lunch. I just petted him and thanked him but lied and told him I was tired, which led to me happily taking a nap. Okay let's go back to finding Willow on the floor with Arkadius on top of her.

"Arkadius! Leave Willow alone... she is my friend." I grumble as I slowly get up, wincing as pain shoots up from the bite on my ankle. Arkadius notices me and got off of Willow. He came over to me and tries to nudge me back on the bed. I obediently obey him when I see the worry in his eyes. He walks around the bed to claim a spot next to me. Minani looks at Willow and scowls at Arkadius.

"I've never liked him," Minani mutters. I roll my eyes and look at Willow.

"You... have a... pet wolf?" Willow gasps. She must be in a lot of pain to be talking like that.

I feel a surge of worry rush through me. I place my hand on Arkadius and mentally scold him. "Damien! Jared"

"I'm fine," she says trying to be brave but I can see past her facade. "No... need to... call them."

"What happened?" Jared asks me.

I roll my eyes. "You forgot to mention Arkadius to her didn't you?"

"I did not!" He looks at Willow and grimaces. "Oh wait no I did... Why are you holding a dead fish?"

She drops the fish down, "I just grab the thing nearest to me... Why do you have a dead fish in your room?"

I can feel Damien's anger radiating off of him. "Would you forget the dead fish? Can someone please explain to me why Mi-" I shot Damien a glare "-Willow is on the floor?"

Jonathan wanted to piss off Damien, so he mentioned it again. Arkadius on the other hand let out a low growl, as if muttering to himself, 'I'll never bring lunch again.'

Willow sits up a little more straight and explains what happened. I of course couldn't hold back my laughter, and everyone ended up joining in. Even arkadius who was grumpy about the fish was laughing with us.

Willow stops laughing first, and I can't help but begin to feel her pain. I guess Damien notices this and picks her up and places her near me.

"So, what happened to you that you are missing school?" Willow asks.

"Oh, i hurt my ankle. It's no biggie, it will heal in a few days." I shrug. Of course it's bigger than it seems. I mean a wolf bit me and tried taking me away. To Jared, Damien, Jonathan, and Arkadius, it's a giant biggie.

Willow frowns at my answer, obviously hoping for me to be her new friend at school. Now that she actually wants me, i cant be there.

I try getting up again, but this time Willow notices and reaches for my hand. My eyes go wide realizing what she was about to do.

"Willow! Don't" But of course, it was too late because an overwhelming dizziness overcomes me.

A warmth spreads throughout my body when i feel someone catch from hitting my head against the wall. Everything begins to go bleak around me.

"What's happening to them!?" the voice above me says.

"They are remembering, and it's taking a toll on them." Jared's voice answers.

My hand grips tighter to hers. "Willow..." was the last thing i mutter before letting the darkness surround me.

I fall back down into the familiar darkness that I've met before. This time I accept it instead of ignoring it. I begin to watch the memories that slowly pass in front of me.