Chapter 10: Constance- Soul mate

After Willow ran off, confusion fills my bedroom. I stare at my ankle, realizing that it no longer hurt, it feels way better. I look at Jared with determination.

"I must find Willow," I announce. I stand up and remove the gauze around my ankle. Perfect. Not even a scar.

"Princess-" Jared begins but I cut him off.

"Do not argue with me now Jared, I will find her with or without you." I look around my room to find out that Damien is already gone. Arkadius seems to have left as well. Jonathan sits in the corner with a sad look on his face. "Jonathan." He looks up at me with his sad eyes. "Let's go find Willow. I know you know where her willow tree is at."

I extend my hand towards him and he just stares at it for a moment. I sigh at his unwillingness to move. "Jonathan get up now. You are only being stubborn because she remembers. It was going to happen eventually and it's still up to you to protect her."

He looks at me and sighs. "Yeah yeah yeah, let's go."

He takes my hand, using me as leverage to get up. He leads me out of the house and begins sprinting through the forest. But once I touched the ground a sudden heartbeat begins to pound my head causing me to crumple to the floor.

"Cadence!" Jared says rushing to my side.

"What in the heck is this pounding!?" I growl.

He chuckles at my words. "That is the connection to the earth. That pounding is the heart of the earth."

I try standing up, but I wobble. "I need to find Willow!"

"I got you dork," Jared says as he lifted me into his arms.

Jared begins to run through the forest carrying me in his arms. The forest around me pounds loudly causing my head to throb violently. We follow Jonathan's scent in the forest because he left us way behind. Stupid stupid boy.

"Cadence..." I hear someone whisper. The pounding stops for a moment when I hear my name, but comes back when it ends. What the?

"Don't think about it too much Constance," Jared smiles.

I look at him with a curious look but he just brushes me off. We come to a stop in front of a willow tree, where Damien watches in silence. A gasp escapes from my lips. A dark entity surrounds the tree and Willow, but I can still make her out. Instictively, I begin to walk towards her, remembering this from our other life. Everytime she gets mad, her shadows begin to take over her. She is the dark, and I am the light. Life and death.

"Constance, stay back! She can't control it, you might get hurt by accident!" Damien warns me.

I feel Willows panic as if it was my own. This is what Jared meant when we will reconnect; I can feel her emotions. Her mind is blocked by the shadows, but she is so scared, I need to help her. She's my sister.

"Don't be an idiot Damien! Of course I won't stay back, she is my sister!" I yell over my shoulder. I can feel Willow disapproving my stubborness.

I hear Damien sigh with frustration, pushing past me and running to Willow's side. He pulls her close to him and begins whispering to her. I look away feeling as if I was intruding. The shadows around me begin to calm down. This may be my chance.

"Willow! Are you okay?" I call towards her, making my way through the shadows. A surge of panic courses through her and the shadows are back once more. A shadow knocks me down to the ground, their physical features are strong once more. They surround me and begin kicking me, knocking the breath out of me. I curl into a ball, ignoring the surging pain throughout my body, and trying my hardest to not scream in agony. I can't or Willow will begin to worry.